Mine arrived this morning, uk post.   Been having a little play and I'm very happy with it.  But can somebody please provide me with the latest m4l tools?  The link on post 1 and sebs blog post (http://little-scale.com/GENMDM/GENMDM_1 … 02_M4L.zip) is dead - 404 Error File Not Found, although v101 is downloadable so I can have a bit of a play at least, but I want to to use the import function to get a better grasp on how a patch is constructed

analog monster wrote:

Mine arrived this morning, uk post.
But can somebody please provide me with the latest m4l tools?

here's the index:
http://little-scale.com/GENMDM/

welcome to the proud GENMDM owners club

Fantastic thanks its all sorted now.  At first it wasnt working as the newer m4l editor wasnt passing midi notes through the effect, even though version 1 would.  Connected midi in to midi out within the m4l device and it resolved the issue.  Dont know why it was only happening to me though, is everybody else having separate ableton midi tracks for the midi notes and m4l editor?

ad-hell-aide

Very strange behaviour - I must have stuffed up apologies. I'll have a look at it once I get a chance.

Also, link in first post fixed

ad-hell-aide

Real time PSG VGM data hardware playback via GenMDM: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … enmdm.html

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

Real time PSG VGM data hardware playback via GenMDM: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … enmdm.html

It makes me think...does your vgm loader convert to midi prior to sending midi to the genmdm or those it sends directly registers writes ?
because if it is vgm to midi in real time...it opens up a lot smile
anyway looking good!
thx for the comment between

ad-hell-aide

Data is sent "raw"

ad-hell-aide

When I say raw I mean raw data encoded as midi, then decoded as midi on the genmdm side, then sent to the sound chip directly

ad-hell-aide

Vgm to midi could be done pretty easily though smile

What are your thoughts?

FRANCE

So the midi out of your max patch contains raw midi data converted from the vgm, that is great so if we send the midi out to a synth or whatever it will receive midi notes / per channels + cc ? That is huge , so The psg midi data for exemple to anything that received the right channels?

FRANCE

Also I think that i could send vgm midi data to my fmdrive vsti  that way...including midi cc! That are already mapped to genmdm...i already have a vgm to midi thing that works well for notes/pitch/pan bit nothing for the others register except patch changes. So you have to manualy import presets instruments before..and some registers variation are excluded...anyway it is a good way to explore vgm game music , fun and inspiring smile

ad-hell-aide

I'm not being clear enough, sorry.

In the case of PSG data, this is always just a single byte.

In the .VGM file, this single byte is logged as "0x50 dd" where dd is the data nibbles used for the PSG byte for that entry.

What the Max patch does - and of course it sounds simple NOW but it took me half the morning tongue - is extract those single byte entries, and time them based on the delta timing entries.

This stream of single bytes is encoded as MIDI data - specifically of the form:
MIDI Control Message:
controller value = PSG data & B01111111;
controller number = PSG Data & B10000000 >>1;
channel = B00010000;

This leaves room for YM2612 OR YM2413 data in the form of:
controller value = YM data & B01111111;
controller number = YM address & B01111111;
channel = ((YM address & B10000000) >> 5) | ((YM data & B10000000) >> 6) |  page);

ad-hell-aide

What you're asking for is basically a "reverse" GenMDM / SMSM - something that streams VGM data in real time and encodes it as MIDI?

FRANCE

A Kind of reverse genmdm, yes smile lots of work indeed but could be fun!

Between
-Added .tfi export to FMDRIVE 2612 Vsti  also save as plain text decimal data
One ot two more thing to work on for the SSG part.. and we are close to the release smile
++

My GenMDM arrived in Michigan on Wednesday this week. I have been having a blast with it. I will be recording videos showing my setup and patches I create.
Currently I am using Renoise. I set up all the patches before starting a song.

Here is my first little thing I have made with the GenMDM :
My First GenMDM

Last edited by 8BitPowerHour (Feb 10, 2013 7:07 pm)

Unsubscribe

Would it ever to be possible to store a small performance bank with instruments and presets on the teensy itself for the standalone midi mode? Is the teensy powered by midi or the sega?