ad-hell-aide

Hi guys!

I've manufactured the first GenMDM board. Tested it, and it works great smile

I'll be spending a good chunk of my time off over Easter, doing a production run.

Here's a photo of the first board from batch #2:

I'm actually quite happy with how the PCB came out. I'll keep you all updated with pics over the Easter weekend. Shipping starts on Tuesday!

Unsubscribe

Now we just need an enclosure!!

that looks great!

United Kingdom

Yay! Looking good.

Cheers for the update Little-scale smile

ad-hell-aide
herr_prof wrote:

time to buy a replicator 2...

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
little-scale wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

time to buy a replicator 2...

Ya know, like two weeks ago I was shopping my fav source for stuff (thrift store) and came on a RC toy, Sonic on a skate board. Really kick'n myself, would have made a great enclosure for the interface. wink

ad-hell-aide

Hi all!

Here is quick modification on powering GenMDM version 1 PCBs using the SEGA console itself: http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … -sega.html

ad-hell-aide

Hello all!

Production on batch 2 has finally started. I made 15 of the interfaces today, and this will continue into tomorrow.

ad-hell-aide

I've found that the extra MIDI components and parts slow me down a little.

I'll keep you all posted in this thread in terms of progress!

ad-hell-aide

It'll be worth it though. I'm happy with the new boards, and I hope that you guys are too.

United Kingdom

These look great man! They look BEEFY! tongue

ad-hell-aide

haha yeach the DIN 5 connector adds a certain chunkiness smile

Awesome!  I can't wait to receive mine.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Getting excited! Looking good. Really liking the DIN on the 'side', thinking the midi cable will be out of the way, less prone to tangleing

Looks awesome. I cant find my megadrive scart/phono cable so ive just added an audio out jack to my megadrive 2. Its not a prosound mod (search for crystal clear audio mod megadrive) but its good enough. Theres space to put an 1/8 inch jack at the back left or right, although the right might need some extra plastic removed. I opted for mono due to lack of spare interface channels.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/mega-drive-2-av-port-pinout/

Remove all screws to get the plastic casing then metal ground shield off, then the screws either side of the cartridge port in order to lift the pcb out of the case. At the underside of the av port solder a wire to one of the 4 larger tabs, this is your ground cable. Then either solder one cable to pin 6 for mono or a cable each to 8 and 9 for stereo (see link). The cables can be threaded through the pcb mount holes then the pcb and ground shield screwed back on. Mount your jack to the case, careful to place it so the contacts wont be touching the ground shield-i drilled mine in the top half of the case. Solder the wires to the jack(s) and close the case

FRANCE

FMDRIVE 2612 VST Topic started smile
-->> http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10684 … t-release/