Aly: Hmm, cool. smile I really like that you're putting that amount of effort into it. Impressive!

Do you know which models are 'clean'? I think I have a NSTC-J VA1 and borrowed a EU VA ... 4? (I think!) that both sound the same. Is VA5 to VA6 preferable? I know VA7 has the same innards as a Mega Drive 2, which is supposedly horrid.

Last edited by _-_- (Dec 5, 2013 10:01 pm)

FRANCE

Have a look here http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2196/ … revisions/
might help ;p

Ahh thanks! Somehow that did not show up when I tried searching!

FRANCE

Might be of interest for GENMDM owners,
I will release my new SUPER PSG VST on DEC 17, it is a features beast and can also output its data via MIDI..., basically it means that you can control the PSG with it in the same way you can with FMDrive VST! and use it as patch creator, controller for the GENMDM controlled PSG.
There is some limitations in terms of data transfer speed via GENMDM but overall it can works fine.

Here is the specific thread http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12578 … ded-synth/
There is also a manual that explain all the features in details and what can be done with GENMDM...
The manual is also a nice resource to learn more about the PSG smile

Last edited by Aly James (Dec 15, 2013 6:49 pm)

Warwickshire, UK

Cool smile

Here's a video of my newly enclosed GENMDM

if you like the label for the cart, it's here

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Dam! to cool, but it makes waiting for mine that much harder ;( going back to putting it out of my mind....
Yogi

Matthew Joseph Payne

classy!

San Francisco

Me gusta. I was considering doing something similar. I dont like having my genmdm naked.

I am thinking of getting my model 2 modified with the ccam and then internally installing the midi bit and possibly the cart.

FRANCE

SPOILER: nice news about to hit...:)

Dublin, Ireland

Firmware v103 is out.

Not really quite sure what the updates mean just yet, because I know nothing...

FRANCE
iNFOTOXIN wrote:

Firmware v103 is out.

Not really quite sure what the updates mean just yet, because I know nothing...

It should enables raw .VGM log...
the great news is also that Seb, just took my debug test list and will soon update again to enable correct D2R register handling (important part of the ADSR envelopes) and some weirdness on the special mode and PSG side smile
https://twitter.com/alyjamestwitt/statu … 1698532354

Dublin, Ireland

Awesome, just bought a copy of your Super PSG VST too; Glad to see it'll get more useful (as soon as I get together a Windows laptop that is.) big_smile

As for the .vgm logging is there any info on how to do that? I'm intrigued by it, but like I said don't really understand.
It takes the data as it's played back and creates a .vgm? Including automation of parameters?

Finland

Still waiting for mine to be shipped, paid over a year ago...

Seb / little-scale: You seem modestly active eg. on Twitter and your blog. so why not stop keeping your mouth shut about the progress and let everyone know what's taking so long. I noticed your tweet about shipping some GenMDMs just a few days ago, and I certainly hope mine is among those.

I think every one of us whom you haven't yet shipped a GenMDM to deserve a status update as your paid customers. At a glance on this thread I'm counting at least Yogi, SAMWAVE, Kitsch, DSC, Msefk, Cosmonal, mercury fm, Ether and Radian. It doesn't take that long to whip up a honest "hey guys this is what's up" mail and offer a full refund for those not willing to wait any longer. If you're having issues finding time for this, then skip a few tweets or a blog post, ffs.

I'm not telling you how to run your business, but in general "Let's be quiet and hope they go away" is not a very solid customer practice.

Just for the record, everyone who hasn't yet received their GenMDM, please reply to this! Who knows, maybe we can have a separate thread for all the delivery complaints smile

FRANCE
iNFOTOXIN wrote:

Awesome, just bought a copy of your Super PSG VST too; Glad to see it'll get more useful (as soon as I get together a Windows laptop that is.) big_smile

As for the .vgm logging is there any info on how to do that? I'm intrigued by it, but like I said don't really understand.
It takes the data as it's played back and creates a .vgm? Including automation of parameters?

IIRC, When the logger is enabled via CC#114, GenMDM will stream the data as a MIDI message... using CC number, CC value and MIDI channel bytes as YM2612 address, data and page number.
The MIDI stream can then be converted into a header-less VGM log via a Max patch (available in the GenMDM tools).
Then you copy the dummy header at the beginning of the file followed by the vgm log.

I haven't tested the tool myself yet and I don't know if the VGM stream will log PCM samples too nor if the log is optimized.

I was working on a VGM converter update lately with Valley Bell (VGMRIPS) to convert the FMDrive (YM2612)VST and SPSG(PSG) VST MIDI output into VGM, including automation smile So far I have made a bunch of testing and report any corrections to Valley Bell that has already fixed the main issues.
As you probably know, FMDrive & SPSG can control GenMDM and compatibility will be even finer when Little Scale will fix some bugs.

Put it in a short way you will be able to make a track with FMDrive & SPSG in any DAW and convert to VGM with or without GenMDM.
then you can:
- bounce the accurate emulated audio as is
- stream to GenMDM in real time
- convert the song with the updated MID2VGM converter (including your own PCM samples!) or via GenMDM own logging

The tool will be available freely in a few weeks once every tests and fix will be done.

infos at http://www.alyjameslab.com
A VGM can then be converted into a ROM...

hope that helps smile

Audio demos here >> https://soundcloud.com/alyjameslab/wand … drive-spsg

Baltimore

~

Last edited by Msefk (Jul 31, 2014 7:29 pm)