Cleveland, OH

Everyone vote for yellow! QUICK!
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-dmg-shell

sweden

Clear Black would be nice.

vancouver, canada

WOULD BUY.  my old grey shell is broke.

Wilmington,NC

UNF. Ok, that's not helping things. Still want.

Last edited by soultron (Dec 16, 2011 8:29 am)

Los Angeles

Clear is a good option as you could always do the nice paint job from the inside. Nice and shiny. smile

matt's mind

thanks for taking the time everybody!

(for any prospective customer, its worth taking the quiz and reading all the directions, down to the bottom even)

Milwaukee, WI

My first choice would be clear pastel pink, followed by clear black, clear purple, clear orange, clear blue... hahaha.  I want these so bad!

I want just straight up clear and i want a shiny white big_smile

USA

Will these have a matte or gloss finish?

matt's mind

matte

Unsubscribe

they should use a different type of battery while they are at it..

matt's mind
herr_prof wrote:

they should use a different type of battery while they are at it..

thought a LOT about this. 

getting a li-ion battery square made, or using another brand or a more generic shape, would require the purchase or making of the packs themselves.  don't want to do that, not with a different shape.

changing to a different battery type wouldn't be possible except for 9V, and I don't want to get into changing around the power supply pcb or anything.  so, just as a rule i'd need to stick with ~6V, no extra parts.

which means AA for any practical purpose...  one which anyone could hop into the store and purchase.

that doesn't mean that rechargeable, socketed, li-ion packs aren't a possibility, or something similar.  but, they can be designed to fit into any existing shape.  its much easier to get the cells wrapped and circuitry/socket done later, than now.  that approach should fit these completely.

all-in-all, i would have loved outfitting them with a tiny laptop battery or something nuts.  at least a means which is easily rechargeable and form-fitting.  and long-lasting.  but, then there is the cost, and ways it can be done by still using the AA shape and this layout.  more easily in fact.  its something i've gotten quotes for when thinking about this, but a complete li-ion 'square' that snaps in won't work out hmm  they've been made in the past as well, used to carry some in the shop in fact.

just my thoughts on the battery deal.  i feel you sentiments though.  in an effort to keep this 100% user friendly on the other end, AAs make more sense overall.  i thought so at least.

USA

I use rechargeable AA batteries in all my DMGs and they work great!