http://megabeep.wordpress.com

Make chiptunes? Want some free promotion? I’m gearing up for the first ever Megabeep progchip compilation. Whether you’re a seasoned tracker or an ambitious newcomer, Megabeep wants your chiptunes! Here’s the basic idea:

The record will be a collection of tunes from various artists that celebrates the progchip style. It will be a combination of established artists I have reviewed here at the blog, and newcomers discovered through this outreach. The record will be sold online dirt cheap and the modest proceeds will help Megabeep grow into a net label! Aiming for release sometime early in the new year, January or Febuary.

To submit music send links to web hosted audio or files via e-mail to [email protected] (mid-quality MP3 files please). I’m flexible on style and level of production quality, but submitters should keep in mind the following guidelines:

-Submissions should be original, no covers, remixes, or anything I will get in trouble for publishing smile

-Submissions should be “progressive” in some sense. That means the music should be ambitious or innovative in either musical composition, style or genre, OR production quality.

-Hopefully submissions do not already appear on a free compilation– if the tune is available elsewhere for FREE, then there’s little incentive for readers to pay a couple bucks.

All the licensing details will be discussed on an individual basis leading to a written agreement that guarantees all rights are retained by the artists, and that Megabeep has ONLY the right to sell the track as part of the compilation.

Thanks for your interest and good luck!

John of Megabeep

Last edited by megabeep (Dec 19, 2011 3:03 am)

Sydney, NSW

I'll definitely send you something soon!

IL, US

moved to the correct section (your other thread, too)... releases is only for when something is released.. moved the licensing thread to gen. discussion

Dublin, IN

I have an idea. I'll work on it when I can.

Excited to Announce that Disasterpeace will be contributing a track to the upcoming Megabeep Progchip Compilation! http://www.disasterpeace.com

Get your submissions in for a chance to get on the record yourself!

btw, thanks e.s.c. for the correction-- I'll keep that in mind for future posts. And Crooked Sidewalks: great! send it along when you're done- [email protected]

b4by f4c3

just sent a track

Dublin, IN

Sent it.

Chicago

...it wasn't very good.

Last edited by theghostservant (Jan 10, 2012 1:50 am)

http://megabeep.wordpress.com

To launch Megabeep on Youtube here’s a sneak peak at the forthcoming Megabeep compilation. The tune is my own contribution, a track called Overture which previews a record that will be releasing later this year. The Megabeep compilation is shaping up to be a great release with contributions from some of my favorite chip artists including Disasterpeace and Prizmatic Spray. It’s is slated for Febuary or March release and slots are still available. So read the details in my previous post and submit your music to [email protected] today!

Last edited by megabeep (Jan 9, 2012 10:09 am)

Holland

Too bad it's on hold.

Terebovlya, Ukraine

are you still need tunes?