Huddersfield, UK

Wednesday, 17th of February 2010
8pm doors, £3 entry, all ages.
Google Maps
Facebook Event Page

Soon to be second show in Yorkshire which features more than 1 chipmusician (although I use that statement very loosely for this show)

Regardless of the above statement it should be a good night, gives me a good chance to preview new material and hopefully get a bit of publicity locally, there's a few other dubstep'ers playing if that's your thing as well.

It's also 2 days after my 18th birthday so come down and have a few drinks beforehand and/or after. I should be able to put you up for the night too in the unlikely event that you travel a fair way and/or are too intoxicated to catch a bus/train home wink

Oh, and no drama please regarding the lineup. I'm willing to discuss any issues over PM or in this thread after the show though.

Thanks for reading big_smile

-Joseph

astral cat

no drama but ewwwwwwwwwww superpowerless.

Huddersfield, UK
an-cat-max wrote:

Fair enough.

Like I said earlier, it's a good opportunity for people at the show to hear some chipmusic for what is likely to be the first time ever, if I didn't think this was the case then I wouldn't be playing the show wink

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so thanks smile

astral cat
J&HT wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

Fair enough.

Like I said earlier, it's a good opportunity for people at the show to hear some chipmusic for what is likely to be the first time ever, if I didn't think this was the case then I wouldn't be playing the show wink

a gig is a gig man, it's cool to have some sort of progress smile but i don't really think superpowerless are chip, and they have a bad attitude i think, but apart from that it's cool just to have gigs in the uk! tongue

Huddersfield, UK
an-cat-max wrote:
J&HT wrote:

Fair enough.

a gig is a gig man, it's cool to have some sort of progress smile but i don't really think superpowerless are chip, and they have a bad attitude i think, but apart from that it's cool just to have gigs in the uk! tongue

yeah, things are progressing forward for chipmusic locally, maybe this will help a bit, who knows?

i touched on the chip/not chip element in my original post, as a whole though the UK chipmusic crew is getting a lot more active on the gigging circuit, i guess that can only be good smile

New York City
an-cat-max wrote:

What can you expect? It's a clothing launch. This is UK hairtune at its best.
No offense, JHT. Not your fault.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 1, 2010 10:31 pm)

Huddersfield, UK
akira^8GB wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

None taken Akira, you make a valid point smile

I hope that this will attract at least 1 or 2 people at the show to other chipmusicians, at my first show I met a guy who liked goto80 so who knows?

It'll be an interesting night for sure anyway!

akira^8GB wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

Arca don't have a myspcae
They're doing it wrong D=

Good luck at the gig though! I'll send a message to Lolitacomplex since he lives in Halifax smile

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
J&HT wrote:

at my first show I met a guy who liked goto80 so who knows?

Wait... I was under the impression that everyone liked goto80...

Huddersfield, UK
Renegade Runner wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Arca don't have a myspcae
They're doing it wrong D=

Good luck at the gig though! I'll send a message to Lolitacomplex since he lives in Halifax smile

I know right! Myspace is totally the shit right now, hahaha.

And cheers for that, I knew there was a chipper somewhere in 'Fax I just couldn't remember who it was sad

Reteris wrote:
J&HT wrote:

at my first show I met a guy who liked goto80 so who knows?

Wait... I was under the impression that everyone liked goto80...

Oops, my bad. Maybe I should proof-read my posts more, I meant in terms that it's stuff like that is pretty awesome to come across at shows... I certainly didn't expect a guy to come up to me and start talking to me about him smile

Huddersfield, UK

Just come back from this show now, was such a funny night I guess.

I opened the night which was predominantly full of people listening to dubstep, so it was quite a tough crowd. But I got some of the funniest comments ever from a few of the people there, including a girl aged about 16 who no shit requested for a song as I was loading songs midset, as I laughed and explained that it wasn't an iPod or anything she walked off and said "well, you're a shit dj aren't you then?" Bastards cut me off midway through my last song as well, maybe I was laughing for too long wink

I didn't stick around for Superpowerless either but according to my friend they went down well. Fuck knows how, no matter how much alcohol you drink, out of tune singing is still out of tune singing(or maybe I'm not drinking enough hurr durr). Also, I found out a fortnight before the show that Oliver from Superpowerless e-mailed the promoter accusing me of "stalking him" after I made a few negative comments on the 8bc threads they started. due to me "stalking him" they wanted to have me dropped from the show.

Just another thing to laugh about after tonight tongue

Last edited by J&HT (Feb 18, 2010 1:02 am)