Chicago, IL

so i am still new to writing my music on gameboys. and just for practice I am rewriting my old madtracker songs on lsdj just to really get a feel for the program. but I am running into a lot of weird stuff. Like I just sat down for a quick writing sesh, and in the middle of writing, the screen went completely blank. And after restarting and blowing in the cartridge (EMS) the lsdj skin was black blue and red and all of my parameters (commands, tempo, instruments) were rearranged. what happened? is this something I can avoid? I am using a CBG.

nitro2k01 edit: Made the thread title descriptive, as per this rule

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Dec 24, 2011 3:37 pm)

England

does this happen every time you write something? on all the songs on the cart?

I'd try changing the carts internal battery first, then reflashing lsdj on the cart.

rochester, ny
Jellica wrote:

does this happen every time you write something? on all the songs on the cart?

I'd try changing the carts internal battery first, then reflashing lsdj on the cart.

yeah id try reflashing the cart too.

also, sometimes in my experience, some gameboys just mess up. try another gameboy?

Chicago, IL

I am working on getting a new dmg! I honestly feel like the game boy color is just not for me.

and the cartridge is only a couple weeks old. So I'll see what happens before I go changing stuff. thankss guys

brooklyn!

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't gbc/gbp's have crummy power drain problems with EMS carts? it took me a couple of crashes before i realized that.

brooklyn
likeluke wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't gbc/gbp's have crummy power drain problems with EMS carts? it took me a couple of crashes before i realized that.

I believe its actually just gbp's
At least that was my understanding, I suppose I haven't used my gbc enough to notice any problems..

My 2 carts tend to crash and mess up the song when the battery in my gameboy gets low, maybe thats your problem? Loading the same song fixes it for me