Slovakia / European Union

I want to mod my GBAs with clear sound... Is there any Pro-Sound mod or PCB for GBA?

Last edited by Tinctu (Dec 23, 2011 1:06 pm)

St. Louis

Gba or Gba sp? You can pro sound both, let me know which one and I'll post pictures for you.

rochester, ny

gba sp please!

would appreciate that very much!

St. Louis

Ok, I made a tumblr page to upload this image on my phone, so I can't link it but it should be under pugbath.tumblr.com. Basically, find the volume slider and the top points are your left/right outputs and use the case/side solder point as your ground.

GBA... please!

Thank You!!!

St. Louis

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gba should be the same as the dmg, right?

Cleveland, OH
Pugbath wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gba should be the same as the dmg, right?

Nope. The amp is pre-pot. So if you solder to the pot you still have the amp messing everything up.
If you look up from the pot/jack area you will see 2 copper pads. Follow those traces back until you see 2 smd resistors.
Remove the resistors or just solder to the side closest to the CPU.
Sorry this is very badly detailed but I don't have an AGB in front of me right now.
Hope it helps!

P.S. No volume control.

St. Louis

My mistake, you are correct. I just uploaded a photo of the points described on my tumblr... They're pretty small, and I used the front side under the speaker. For volume control, you'd need a second stereo trim pot, or if you aren't planning on using headphones, you could desolder the existing pots and rewire it with your new points straight to the existing output.

St. Louis

*pot