New York City

I really don't want to pay 16 pounds for a blimmin' USB cable just to program this thing once. Is there any seller in the UK that would sell arduino MInis pre-programmed with whatever I want (ie Arduinoboy software)?
Heck, probably buying it in China is even better.  Or if I am stuck with paying that mcuh for a ridiculous cable, just tell me.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Unsubscribe

youll use the cable more than once im sure.. what about when new features are added?

Sweeeeeeden

Handy tip: If you have a fat arduino, you can pop out the ATMega chip from that and just use it as a programmer with 4 wires.

New York City

I want a Mini, I can't use the UNO model. Size constrains.
Peter: I thought about updates, but then again, LSDJ updated all teh time and I never did. I am not that much of an updater...
It would still be better for getting started to get a preprogrammed Mini, then if I ever want to upgrade, I can get the cable.

I mean, I am pretty sure I can find the wiring somewhere top hack a USB cable and connect it to the motherboard.... or does the cable have a chip to convert to serial?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yes, the cable has a chip to convert to serial.

Here it is for 11 pounds at least, you can probably find it cheaper: http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info … ts_id/1397

Czech republic

this is what nitro means: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB … 1248295911

Matthew Joseph Payne

that's clever

Milwaukee Area, WI

Wait, you can buy Arduinoboys?

edit: dumb question. I meant, you can buy them pre-made and not used?

Last edited by Moriokun (Jan 7, 2012 5:49 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Occasionally people offer them. Scienceguy made some of the best known full arduinoboys (I had one for awhile, they're great) and trash80 briefly sold arduinoboy minis.

Nobody has produced anything like that for awhile though, and you're really supposed to ask trash80's permission before you do.

Milwaukee Area, WI
kineticturtle wrote:

Occasionally people offer them. Scienceguy made some of the best known full arduinoboys (I had one for awhile, they're great) and trash80 briefly sold arduinoboy minis.

Would be nice if one of the many chipmusic supply online stores offered them. I would like to get one soon because I wanna sync Ableton with my DMG.

Unsubscribe

i think a modder is getting ready to do a run, but no idea on how soon that will be.

i have been selling kits and pre built arduinoboys for ages, i am just crap at advertising

Germany/Florida

NEX did an amazing job on mine! Just wanted to show it off

thanks for the props smile glad you are having fun with it!

New York City

I don't want a pre-built Arduinoboy, I just  want a shop that would sell me an Arduino Pro Mini already flashed with the Arduinoboy software.
Anybody? This is getting OT.

Czech republic
akira^8GB wrote:

I don't want a pre-built Arduinoboy, I just  want a shop that would sell me an Arduino Pro Mini already flashed with the Arduinoboy software.
Anybody? This is getting OT.

Try these: http://www.hwkitchen.com/
I asked them exactly the same question and they will glady do that.
Not sure about the final (shipping included) price...