*** NOW DOWNLOADABLE ***

Here : http://www.mediafire.com/?4j8mhij91sl6eat

Iv'e gotten many messages asking for the compilation to be downloadable, So here it is. all songs !

Just to welcome the new year, I put together this compilation of chiptune songs from 8 bit collective. I wish I could have put more in but the songs heard in this video are my most favorite. I thank everyone and all the artist who have contributed to this compliation, all of you have been a landmark in my life. I also thank 8bit collective for being the host for such an amazing service.

- 8Bit Collective Chiptune Compilation - 2009 - 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQfFtgI … AAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Maine (Jan 20, 2012 7:56 pm)

This is pretty sweet, nice choice of songs; the variety is really good too. You should put up a tracklist with the timecode for each song.

Done ! ... I settled on just annotations ... almost the same thing, pretty much.

Since 8bit Collective is down and everything ... might as well put something together.

Melbourne, Australia

It's not down now, I think there's just some weird thing happening with uploads and listens. So yeah its broken, but not so broken you can't post a youtube clip smile

What ... No way, on top on being able to listen to songs, I can't even log in anymore XD.

I'm surprised all that is needed is 1000 dollars, Wikipedia just finished they're donation drive for a couple million. Maybe at the next blip fest, they can hold a donation drive so we don't have to go through this again.

dosPrompt wrote:

It's not down now, I think there's just some weird thing happening with uploads and listens. So yeah its broken, but not so broken you can't post a youtube clip smile

Hello .... Small request, Can someone post this to the 8 bit collective forum, Specifically the "8BC Commons" Forum. It's actually suppose to be there, but as many already know the site is down ... at least for me, I can not log in but, it seems like others can, So I ask this on the behalf of you who can log in to the site.

Thanks in advance ^ ^

sweden

The video doesnt work for me.

Download Link :

http://www.mediafire.com/?9wfqce1u0n5f89g

Melbourne, Australia
Maine wrote:

What ... No way, on top on being able to listen to songs, I can't even log in anymore XD.

I'm surprised all that is needed is 1000 dollars, Wikipedia just finished they're donation drive for a couple million. Maybe at the next blip fest, they can hold a donation drive so we don't have to go through this again.

I'm not planning to turn this into a slagging off 8bc thread but, just saying, Wikipedia a) works more often b) is much much bigger and c) is useful to a much wider audience. I would also dare say that the money that's being paid is actually being used for ensuring that those three things happen, and it's obvious to everyone by the quality of the site. You're comparing apples and oranges.

I don't plan to either ... at least I hope not ... o.o

^ ^ And yet ... both are fruit ...

True Wikipedia is a complete contrast.I compared them because though 8BC is small it sets it's self apart quite well having a strong audience. You can say that the site would be the Wikipedia of Chip Tune (Relating to popularity, power, seniority etc ... ). You would think that with all that everyone has gotten from 8bc, they would have no problem giving back especially with 32000 users. If just 1000 of those users donated only 1 dollar 8BC would have no problem, and even better if all 32000 donated 1 dollar.

So, if 8bc had a $1 donation fee for being a member. I would say that at least 50 percent of that would have be successful ($17,000)

dosPrompt wrote:
Maine wrote:

I'm not planning to turn this into a slagging off 8bc thread but, just saying, Wikipedia a) works more often b) is much much bigger and c) is useful to a much wider audience. I would also dare say that the money that's being paid is actually being used for ensuring that those three things happen, and it's obvious to everyone by the quality of the site. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Melbourne, Australia

Just FYI there are 32,000 registered users, not 32,000 active users. Pretty big difference. I remember the numbers got crunched some time ago and the number of active users was FAR less.

I'm Aware ... but ehh ... who knows. Maybe a massive e-mail sent to all who registered asking for 1 dollar ^ ^ lol, = no more server bills. ^ ^

Melbourne, Australia

"If I had a dollar for every time someone..."

California

*# -""

Melbourne, Australia
Maine wrote:

I'm Aware ... but ehh ... who knows. Maybe a massive e-mail sent to all who registered asking for 1 dollar ^ ^ lol, = no more server bills. ^ ^

I realise you don't have access to log in - but no one here is going to be able to help 8bc fix it's problems, if you have ideas, tell them, maybe they can help themselves

Hey there ... Yes yes yes ... I know ... But I'm going to resurrect this topic anyways.

Since 8bc is officially dead, and yes I know some of you guys are a bit fed up about 8bc members coming here, invading the forum as if this IS 8bc's , but i'm certain that now since it's gone, many have migrated here. So to all who have. I would just like to add to the same thing I added in the video.

And I quote ...

Is 8 bit collective is down, forever? ... we may never know. So I ask as a request to all those who were able to get a few downloads from last quarter of it's life, to (If you can) send them to me so I can make a final compilation ... (Or as I will call it, the funeral songs)

SEND them to : [email protected]

Thanks