Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

So many good songs. Too many in fact.
I've listened to all of them and then chosen my favourite, followed by another 10 who deserve a mention for how brilliant they were. It was tough, as you can probably imagine. I've tried to keep prior knowledge of the artist (or lack of) entirely independent to how I perceive each song, and on the coming weeks will attempt to judge each entry not by the levels set before.
I'm going to try and do this every week of this year (as well as throw in an entry all of my own) so wish me some luck!!!

On a side note, this'll be probably be more useful to the people over here who aren't involved in the challenge and don't know where to start listening in the field of the 140+ entries that were put in this week. So hope it's some help!

The artists included this week are (in alphabetical order):
Anonymeye
Biko
CK
Frostbyte
Low_Gain
Lucas Darklord
Mooninite
NWSPR
Optimus Chad
PaK-Zer0
Paper Buildings
Roboctopus
RobotSexMusic
Solarbear
Trash80
Vmuriel

For more info, reviews and my top 5 hit it up over here here

IL, US

I submitted, so did saskrotch, so this isn't a complete list FYI

By this week I meant in my round-up! But yeah I clocked both of your tracks (as I've spent two days listening to them all :' )

Rhode Island
e.s.c. wrote:

I submitted, so did saskrotch, so this isn't a complete list FYI

If you read the post you would understand he is writing a blog about the "140+ entries that were put in this week" and jotting down which he was most impressed by.

Lexington, KY

I love you.

IL, US

Attitude is unnecessary,  2player...

Rhode Island

Just helping clarify his post. No attitude intended.

This is an interesting blog. You have some pretty nice track assessments but I think there were a few left out as well. For people coming in for a quick listen those tracks are a good start but if you have to sit at a desk all day and work like me, just press play on the first track and skip around if you need to.

Madison, Alabama

Thanks for including my track! 

I was really impressed by most entries.  This is going to be a fun endeavor.

Salt Lake City, Utah

Thanks!

Chicago IL

fuck you

@2Player,

There were some genuinely tough decisions when I was choosing which tracks to cover, for instance the pre-mentioned e.s.c and saskrotch tracks, as well as bleo, mattnida, little-scale and countless others that I loved, though it seemed pointless to list more than 20 as it would be helpful to no one. And it would take too long. And I enjoyed the challenge of quantifying my favourite five of the nearly 150 entries!

Also I did tend to lean more in favour of the tracks (for instance the one I placed first) if I really enjoyed them AND they weren't getting a lot of attention. I assumed most people going to the site for the first time would just sort by replies then do the top 10, therein missing the other pile of quality tracks on the site.

No thanks required, it was a pleasure listening to your tracks.

Saskrotch wrote:

fuck you

Chipbreak or gtfo.