rochester, ny

Any tips/tricks/anecdotes/advice regarding promoting your new cd?

Wilmington,NC

We had a release party and a show where we played most of the new album. The local paper and free rags both announced it and the paper reviewed it.
We also dropped it online in a few places like here, the DS10 forum and Reddit. Simple, but effective.

rochester, ny
soultron wrote:

We had a release party and a show where we played most of the new album. The local paper and free rags both announced it and the paper reviewed it.
We also dropped it online in a few places like here, the DS10 forum and Reddit. Simple, but effective.

i hadn't thought about reddit. also, sending copies to local papers is a good call too!

Tokyo, Japan

you could try getting some internet radio play somewhere like noisechannel on http://areciboradio.com/

Also I think you should have it available on every possible streaming / download site for free of pay what you want, Last FM/bandcamp/reverb nation etcas well as CD baby etc.

Edit - you could also try and get it included as a bonus on something like the indie royale bundle. I think _ensnare_ and George&Johnathan both did that.

Also gig like a mother fucker and give your CD away.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Jan 12, 2012 2:07 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

tell your irc-friends about it, mention it once on each forum, watch it fade into obscurity, write a new album

Wilmington,NC

The tricky thing about reddit is where you put it. There is a chiptune section, but many others too. Some places work better than others, but it's not an exact science.

Last edited by soultron (Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm)

Brazil
ant1 wrote:

tell your irc-friends about it, mention it once on each forum, watch it fade into obscurity, write a new album

I don't even tell my irc friend that anymore. The rest is my pattern too.

Russia, Moscow
ant1 wrote:

Replace 'album' with something else, a game for example, and it is still true.

New York City

Make a new one.

don't call it chipmusic

Michigan

the revengineers album is the most anticipated release in all of chipmusic history.

therefore it needs no promotion, for the masses will know when its time, and when the time comes, music will never be the same again.

buffalo, NY

I need a Revengineers album

Abandoned on Fire
4mat wrote:

don't call it chipmusic

Wise words.

(actually that was probably a bit harsh)

Last edited by 4mat (Jan 12, 2012 8:20 pm)

Westfield, NJ

Make a facebook event, with a link to where you will be dropping the album, and invite all your friends. call it "Download my new album on Month, Day!" Make sure they all do it.

vancouver, canada

don't forget the all important CNN interview