Germany/Florida

I did some research on google and couldnt really find anything on how to use mgb. Im using an arduinoboy that I got from NEX and I cant seem to get any midi output into the dmg. Here are some pictures:

Im not very knowledgeable when it comes to midi instruments. Im trying to get midi signals to go into mgb. Im 95% sure that the left port of the dmg is midi out, and the right side is midi in. Help is greatly appreciated smile

Los Angeles, The Kingdrom

Are you using some type of midi interface (M-Audio UNO, Midisport, etc...)?

Bristol

first check if the internal Arudinoboy is set to MGB mode, in the basic layout this is the furthest flashing led when pressing the mode switch, before the 2 leds flash on the opposite side.

MGB responds by default to Channels 1 - 5 (scroll down to the About MGB section here: http://code.google.com/p/arduinoboy/) so you need to make sure your keyboard is sending to one of those channels. The chord channel (which actually just plays every channel at once) is Ch.5 so I guess thats best for keyboards.

Chicago IL

also, you might have to set your keyboard to midi out. it might be trying to send the data through the usb. check the manual (i had to do this with both of my midi controllers)

looks like you got the wrong midi socket on the gameboy, the left side of the gameboy is midi in.

Germany/Florida

Nex you could be right, and I diddnt have in on mGB mode, I absolutely forgot to select that mode, which is the very last led on mine. @1000needles: I do have the m-audio midisport, but thats not what im using, ice just got a regular hosa midi chord. Could I possibly use that?

Germany/Florida

Nevermind, I figured it out, @Nex, looking at the dmg the in port is on the left side, but correctly looking at the dmg from the back, its on the right side. Hopefully you understand where im going! Thanks for the help everybody!