UK

hello everybody.
just passing by to share one of my 8bit creations on the c64 , everything u hear is directly recorded from the c64 sid.
any feedback is welcome.
enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_C44IVG-D8

New York City

Make sure you up the tempo to at least 174 BPM or something, 156 is just too slow.
THere's some weird lagging going on, is that a MSSIAH bug?
I like your sound design on the synths!

UK
akira^8GB wrote:

Make sure you up the tempo to at least 174 BPM or something, 156 is just too slow.
THere's some weird lagging going on, is that a MSSIAH bug?
I like your sound design on the synths!

hey man tnx 4 ur feedback.
lag on the image or sound?
thats what i thought 156 too slow but sure next time will go for 174! wink tnx a lot for the tip.

New York City
Phreeze wrote:

lag on the image or sound? .

Sounds like MSSIAH lags every X cycles, the timing doesn't sound linear.

UK
akira^8GB wrote:
Phreeze wrote:

lag on the image or sound? .

Sounds like MSSIAH lags every X cycles, the timing doesn't sound linear.

never noticed that akira. deffo there must be something goin on mssiah. could be the sid aswel , its a real buggy chip aswel.

New York City

No, the SID has no timing generator going on whatsoever.
It seems like the machine just can't keep up with something, dropping frames every cycle.
I wouldn't be surprised though, MSSIAH is probably not a coding prowess.

Have you tried syncing it to an external clock source instead? In the GameBoy, it does help (for example, when they are underclocked)

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 17, 2012 2:30 pm)

Edinburgh

I've been having the same issue with MSSIAH. Wasn't sure if it was the software or just the C64 struggling to keep up.

I guess you could avoid laggy recordings by exporting the sequencer track as a PSID, then record the PSID playback instead of the sequencer playback?

Anyway - cool track! I really like some of the sounds you've created here.

UK

thanks akira and comptroller. yea theres deffo some weird stupid lag going , u know what im gonna hook this shit right up to my electribe so that it can control the midi time then all the c64 has to do is play the damn tune. gonna see if theres any difference..
tnx Comptroller , glad u dig it wink

UK
Comptroller wrote:

I've been having the same issue with MSSIAH. Wasn't sure if it was the software or just the C64 struggling to keep up.

I guess you could avoid laggy recordings by exporting the sequencer track as a PSID, then record the PSID playback instead of the sequencer playback?

Anyway - cool track! I really like some of the sounds you've created here.

and btw i think ur right about the PSID , also another thing to try , i think this is happening because the machine cant keep up with so much shit going on at the same time , but we'll find a way around , thanx Akira.

UK
akira^8GB wrote:

No, the SID has no timing generator going on whatsoever.
It seems like the machine just can't keep up with something, dropping frames every cycle.
I wouldn't be surprised though, MSSIAH is probably not a coding prowess.

Have you tried syncing it to an external clock source instead? In the GameBoy, it does help (for example, when they are underclocked)

tried it to midi clock and even converted it to a c64 file to run it outside , it must be me i dont find much difference , i'll do another recording to see if u guys notice any difference specially you Akira wink
maybe its my c64 thats all busted up or something dunno , but if you say that this same thing happens with other mssiah users then its some crappy bug neutral

Last edited by Phreeze (Jan 17, 2012 4:54 pm)

UK

theres another tune i made maybe this one isnt that laggy wink
http://chipmusic.org/phreeze/music/fina … sid-mssiah

New York City

YEah it's werird, I could tell better if I heard a quality recording straight from the machine instead of a youtube video.
LEt me know how you progress..

UK
akira^8GB wrote:

YEah it's werird, I could tell better if I heard a quality recording straight from the machine instead of a youtube video.
LEt me know how you progress..

man im gonna try n convert these tunes up to .C64 executables hopefully itll help out , ill drop another line here when i get to do it. If it still remains the same maybe i gotta set up a tempo fix on the sequencer itself every bar so that the tempo remains stable.
If it still does it there are other things left : or it is how MSSIAH works , or its my c64 or simply the way the tune was made.
I just heard some tunes here from gameboys and sounds way more clean and stable. SID's very nasty wink

Last edited by Phreeze (Jan 17, 2012 6:03 pm)

UK

new choon's up : http://chipmusic.org/phreeze/music/bone … k-chickenz