Wheeling, WV

Tried a search to see if a thread was made about these, and couldn't find it.

Totally revamped the design, and I'm not sure if I dig the new look (I feel like I should sign it to receive a package).

matt's mind
hotmessization wrote:

(I feel like I should sign it to receive a package)

thats exactly what i thought too when i saw these...

Unsubscribe

Yea it totally looks like a SPORT WALKMAN. But its an mp3 player! Put your chip set on this and plug in your synth = insta party.

Milwaukee Area, WI

I got the first Mini-KP but ended up returning it because the flanger and a few other effects would keep mixing into the left stereo for some reason. At this price, you can just pick up Ableton Live Intro and just run audio through the software effects.

Wheeling, WV
Moriokun wrote:

I got the first Mini-KP but ended up returning it because the flanger and a few other effects would keep mixing into the left stereo for some reason. At this price, you can just pick up Ableton Live Intro and just run audio through the software effects.

Except for those who don't use a computer. Or, in my case, don't have one.

Wilmington,NC

Can you make calls on it?

Philly, PA, USA

I like the added screen and stuff, but it kind of takes away the nice simplicity of the older ones, but you know what this means, cheaper old ones! guess i'm getting a koassilator soon.

vancouver, canada

it reminds me of the just-sufficiently-obsolete electronics mounted on the front of exercise bikes.

i'll miss the center dial though.  i like the clicky tactile feel of those.

sweden
hotmessization wrote:
Moriokun wrote:

Except for those who don't use a computer. Or, in my case, don't have one.

Just what I was thinking.... But maybe computers are free now?

b4by f4c3

http://youtu.be/FmQeP3y1F2w

&

http://youtu.be/OeArHaC0e9U

Finland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1wzQNzttSk

San Angelo, TX

I hope this means they make a kaossilator pro 2 and kp pro 2 so I can sell my minikp and kaossilator and by the kp3

San Diego
pixls wrote:

I like the added screen and stuff, but it kind of takes away the nice simplicity of the older ones, but you know what this means, cheaper old ones! guess i'm getting a koassilator soon.

It has begun.....

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Kaossilator/

San Francisco

i dont like the kaosspad but i fucking really hate the kassilator. this is just furthering my rage.

why would you pay so much money for basically a preset instrument that has shitty sounds and basically cheats so you can feel like you made something with out actually doing anything?
the thing is a toy. its a really expensive toy for lazy musicians.
for me this device just represents another means for talentless people to muddy the world with mediocre music that they falsely feel pride for.
it's a slap in the face to the whole existence of music and sound.

but....i am just a h8or so what do i know?

Philly, PA, USA
wedanced wrote:

i dont like the kaosspad but i fucking really hate the kassilator. this is just furthering my rage.

why would you pay so much money for basically a preset instrument that has shitty sounds and basically cheats so you can feel like you made something with out actually doing anything?
the thing is a toy. its a really expensive toy for lazy musicians.
for me this device just represents another means for talentless people to muddy the world with mediocre music that they falsely feel pride for.
it's a slap in the face to the whole existence of music and sound.

but....i am just a h8or so what do i know?

ur bein a h8r.
the same could be said of any non-manual synthesis instrument. As long as you use it in a creative/original way there's no saying it's not any good. you just need to use it in conjunction with something that can work it.

Really the interface that these things offer if a great way to interact with sound that not many things offer.

sure they're expensive but that's what some people need to get their flow.

San Francisco

dont h8 the h8r 4 h8n on things he h8.

best to smile and nod and humor me cuz i have an unreasonable amount of hate for the kaoss line.
if i could i would storm into korg headquarters and and flip every table in the building to show my disapproval.