danimal cannon wrote:

One time I met a girl at a party and was looking at her Ipod.

"Oh you have Armcannon on there!"

her - "yeah I just bought it off some russian site for a dollar just yesterday"

"I'm in that band"

Let's just say I had the upper hand, got her number, and was going out with her a week later.  So uh, russian sites can't be that bad, they get me laid"

What a beautiful story.

AANABAY01

yeah the russians are right here, mp3 distribution is dumb as fuck

from now on i'm just releasing on tape

thanks to everyone who supports me through bandcamp and puts up with my shit on twitter/elsewhere

New York City
infradead wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Oh man, they don't have any of my shit. I feel unloved.

kind of shocked at that

At me feeling unloved? tongue

Abandoned on Fire

The Datathrash bandcamp gets tons of hits from the "Russian Facebook":      http://vk.com
Which is totally legit but I'm guessing that's how most of this stuff gets noticed.

Unsubscribe

Chipscene: We get sad when we arent pirated.

rochester, ny

Trying to make a connection between this and The Dendy Chronicles in my mind...

Sweden

Serves me right; I have been downloading music illegally since Kazaa. I don't see how selling warez is so much worse than downloading them.

BOSTON
boomlinde wrote:

Serves me right; I have been downloading music illegally since Kazaa. I don't see how selling warez is so much worse than downloading them.

I totally feel the same way. it's a whole piracy ecosystem: sometimes you are the pirate, and sometime you are the booty.

aw yeah

Godzilladelph

I'm still more underground than these wannabe chip pirates. fuck yeah

Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

yeah the russians are right here, mp3 distribution is dumb as fuck

from now on i'm just releasing on tape

thanks to everyone who supports me through bandcamp and puts up with my shit on twitter/elsewhere

just for you bby<3 I'll personally buy all your tapes, rip them to 128kps mp3s and upload them to russia
like, the entire country

Last edited by SKGB (Jan 26, 2012 9:54 pm)

Madison, Alabama
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

I totally feel the same way. it's a whole piracy ecosystem: sometimes you are the pirate, and sometime you are the booty.

aw yeah

But when do we get tha booty?

buffalo, NY

I got the booty

Westfield, NJ

http://www.legalsounds.com/download-mp3 … bum_562665

I released this for free on my label a few months ago. It's still available for free on Bandcamp.

Sorry if I missed something but did anyone mention what we can do to get the music taken down?

Westfield, NJ
Decktonic wrote:

Sorry if I missed something but did anyone mention what we can do to get the music taken down?

You know what? On second thought, legal course of action = SOPA, PIPA, and every other copyright law being debated right now. The only way to really fight this website is a DDS.

New York City
Decktonic wrote:

You know what? On second thought, legal course of action = SOPA, PIPA, and every other copyright law being debated right now. The only way to really fight this website is a DDS.

How much money do you think they make out of your music?

Washington DC
herr_prof wrote:

Chipscene: We get sad when we arent pirated.

truth

Also I'm not on there. sad

Westfield, NJ
akira^8GB wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

How much money do you think they make out of your music?

Zilch. I just hate Russians.