So I am trying to start a website that will accompany sites like 8bc and chipmusic.com and will provide interviews, news, technology, releases, artists and such all related to chipmusic!
So before the site launches I want to try and hold a contest for the sites first artist of the week!

The winner will be awarded an Original Gameboy DMG modded with a backlight in the color of there choosing with an internal prosound mod along with a certificate stating that they are the first artist of the week from CHIPTRACKEDEVERYTHING

This is a CHEAP way to get a DMG and when plan on having these contests for different events often with different prizes.

Here are the rules:
Submissions must be in by 02/10/12

You must CREATE and submit one Original song composed in a tracker

The song can not exceed 4 miniutes long

The song can not be a cover or remix of any kind

You must submit the song with an accompanying album cover or single cover that you or a friend have designed

To have the song registered you must submit it with a 3$ or 5$ donation

The funds will be strictly used to find the building of the DMG as well as site funds.

For more information please email me at:
[email protected]

The contest will need to have at least 20 people registered to commence.
The contest will begin within the next few days!

Yuma, AZ

Would love to get in on this!
All this time and I've never had a backlight. Works for me!

Cool man email me!

Texas

Maybe... Just maybe...

California

LSDJ counts as a tracker, right? Also, does it have to be a brand-spanking-new song?

Yes brand new, and yes LSDJ counts.

Philly, PA, USA

No Offense, but it seems just a little bit sketchy seeing someone asking for new songs for a competition and not only that but asking for money to join this competition. It seems like a cool contest and all, and a moderately reasonable way to finance said competition, but I don't know who you are and you haven't exactly made any attempt to make it known who you are. Now i'm not accusing you of anything, but maybe there would be a slightly less sketchy way to go about this?

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

I'm worried about the word "create" being in capitals. WHY?

AANABAY01

Submissions must be in by 02/10/12 / You must CREATE and submit one Original song composed in a tracker /
The song can not exceed 4 miniutes long / The song can not be a cover or remix of any kind / You must submit the song with an accompanying album cover or single cover that you or a friend have designed / To have the song registered you must submit it with a 3$ or 5$ donation / The funds will be strictly used to find the building of the DMG as well as site funds / fitter / happier

you might want to look at TCTD

Last edited by 4mat (Jan 26, 2012 12:28 pm)

Chicago IL
pixls wrote:

No Offense, but it seems just a little bit sketchy seeing someone asking for new songs for a competition and not only that but asking for money to join this competition. It seems like a cool contest and all, and a moderately reasonable way to finance said competition, but I don't know who you are and you haven't exactly made any attempt to make it known who you are. Now i'm not accusing you of anything, but maybe there would be a slightly less sketchy way to go about this?

yeah i held back from saying 'this dude seems legit' earlier cause i didn't want to be that guy, and cause we don't have the sarcastic font on cm

New York City
CHIPTRACKEDEVERYTHING wrote:

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Chiptune And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor. This action was however intentional and since then the fund has been in a suspense account at The Central Bank Of Nigeria Apex Bank.

We are now ready to transfer the fund overseas and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as civil servants, we are forbidden to operate a foreign account; that is why we require your assistance. The total sum will be shared as follows: 70% for us, 25% for you and 5% for local and international expenses incidental to the transfer.

The transfer is risk free on both sides. I am an accountant with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:

(a) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.

(b) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.

(c) your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.

Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you. The business will take us thirty (30) working days to accomplish.

Please reply urgently.

Best regards

Ok well i have a handle on 8bc and Chipmusic (Screamkidsarcade/screamforme99)
I know about true chip till death the site will be similar but different.
The donation will be via paypal so you can always dispute it within 90 days of the donation so there would be no way for me to fuck you over.
I just want to try and start something good here.
The contest is purely for non profit, i was trying to promote a website i am creating as well as give somone an oppertunity to have there shine and get a DMG.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me
[email protected]

Modolith will be providing the service of creating the modded DMG with the funds and he is very excited about the website and the contest
I am interveiwing Johan Kolinski via email for the sites opening
I get tech specs that werent released about the ninstruments and some inside info that will be up on the site
I am currently talking to Matt Payne about having some of his work being the first album reviewed and famed on the site.

I wouldnt screw any of you over,  but if you dont feel safe entering the contest then simply dont do it. But dont let your negativity discourage others that do want to participate!

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

I'm worried about the word "create" being in capitals. WHY?

Create is in capitals to emphasize that you cant submit a song youve already made haha!

akira^8GB wrote:
CHIPTRACKEDEVERYTHING wrote:

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Chiptune And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor. This action was however intentional and since then the fund has been in a suspense account at The Central Bank Of Nigeria Apex Bank.

We are now ready to transfer the fund overseas and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as civil servants, we are forbidden to operate a foreign account; that is why we require your assistance. The total sum will be shared as follows: 70% for us, 25% for you and 5% for local and international expenses incidental to the transfer.

The transfer is risk free on both sides. I am an accountant with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:

(a) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.

(b) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.

(c) your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.

Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you. The business will take us thirty (30) working days to accomplish.

Please reply urgently.

Best regards

Hilarious big_smile

Montclair, NJ

yo 8GB shut up yo