Hi all

Just moved to London from sleepy Hampshire and hoping that there might be a bit more of a chip tunes culture. I have searched around the web but there doesn't appear to be anything coming up in the near future. I have seen quite a few old posts around, seems lots of stuff was going on last year, hopefully the culture hasn't faded away!

Does anyone know if there is a regular chip tunes night anywhere in London? Or anyone know of anything at all coming up?

England

No smile

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 27, 2012 2:53 pm)

England

or being more helpfull, there are usually a few a year, nothing regular though.

people do gigs supporting non chip acts from time to time as well.

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 27, 2012 3:06 pm)

New York City

I might be planning something in the future, but I Am too new to the city yet to do anything.
Jellica played here a couple of weeks ago and I played here in October hmm

UK
akira^8GB wrote:

I might be planning something in the future, but I Am too new to the city yet to do anything.
Jellica played here a couple of weeks ago and I played here in October hmm

He really means 'Red' October tongue.

The artist GwEm usually hosts events and comes from London, Stevens too I think manages some chip-related events from time to time there too. You might want contact them and ask them if anything's upcoming!

Liverpool, UK

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5888/ … 29-feb-12/

Liverpool is a mere two hours away on the train! big_smile

England

2012, 2012, they're forcing the people from the city.

No room for culture here!

Tokyo, Japan

Did Stevens start an event?

anything in the Cambridge area Jellica?

Tokyo, Japan

This isn't intended as a criticism in any way at all but I'm still a little surprised a regularish event never stuck in the UK.

i've been to one chiptune event in london and it was full of children being sick in every corner. bad times.

uhajdafdfdfa
Lazerbeat wrote:

This isn't intended as a criticism in any way at all but I'm still a little surprised a regularish event never stuck in the UK.

yea!!

New York City
Lazerbeat wrote:

I guess it depends on how people who organized stuff wanted the events to achieve in a continuous manner.

Tokyo, Japan

Where I grew up in Southampton or "the arse crack of england" as I like to call it, there was a healthy enough music scene to support like, a weekly goth music night and a weekly industrial music night. This was the early 90s but bearing in mind what a hub of electronic music london is, I remain surprised.

Liverpool, UK
Lazerbeat wrote:

oh, hey

England
ant1 wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

yea!!

You might be interested to learn that the UK has some pretty shocking licensing laws as far as live music goes. You could get busted for letting someone blow a kazoo in your pub.

This looks to be changing though, in no small part due to the work of Don Foster MP. There is a private members bill just gone through last Friday, which will allow performances with audiences up to 200 to be exempt from licensing. About bloody time too.