Chicago

I'm working on my ep, its almost done and all that jazz (edit: contains no jazz).
I've written most of tracks where the last few seconds layer on to the beginning of the next track.
Unfortunately, I'm at a loss on how you actually do that.
How do you actually do that?

Last edited by theghostservant (Jan 27, 2012 8:59 pm)

BK

You could always record the one song and then record the other, and line them up in your DAW so that the end of the first overlaps the second, then automate the first fading out while the 2nd fades in...and if there's any beatmatching involved, just make sure the peaks line up properly.

Tbh, it's a little unclear exactly how you're having them "layer on". Could you be more specific?

Germany/Florida

how are you recording? If you are using a mixer or just line in through the soundcard I would do it in a daw, like I would record into Garageband and go from there. Hope this helps smile

Florida

I always make my albums as one gigantic wave file, and use a program called CD Wave to split the tracks.

St. Louis

I just cut the last few seconds of the first song and paste it in a second track over the beginning of the next song.

Chicago
Jay Tholen wrote:

I always make my albums as one gigantic wave file, and use a program called CD Wave to split the tracks.

I originally thinking something like this.

Kris k wrote:

You could always record the one song and then record the other, and line them up in your DAW so that the end of the first overlaps the second, then automate the first fading out while the 2nd fades in

But I've been thinking about it, and this makes sense. I already have the individual tracks recorded and mastered(ish) in Garageband/.aifs 
I'll do this

Thanks everybody.

Sony Acid.

London, Ontario

i remember the first attack attack! cd had the intro fading into the next song, but when you listen to the tracks individually the intro didnt have the fade in to the next song, it just ended as if the fade wasnt intentional. its probably not that hard to do but i wouldnt know lol

buffalo, NY

I get my impossible production techniques from Attack Attach CDs too!

Chicago IL

oh man local boy admits to having the first attack attack cd

BOSTON
shotgun breakdown wrote:

i remember the first attack attack! cd had the intro fading into the next song, but when you listen to the tracks individually the intro didnt have the fade in to the next song, it just ended as if the fade wasnt intentional. its probably not that hard to do but i wouldnt know lol

WAT

London, Ontario

i guess exactly what he was talking about is a bad example. sorry internet

Germany/Florida

México, DF.

Somebody do a crabcore chiptune cover, please!

Chicago IL
eme7h wrote:

Somebody do a crabcore chiptune cover, please!

have you checked 8bc?

:infinite rimshot:

buffalo, NY

wow I laughed way too hard at that