Fargo

I am thinking about buying an effects processor to add a cool feel to my music.  One that I've considered would be a Kaoss Pad (2 or 3), but I've read that the appeal in those is more the live aspect.  Though I'm not against the live thing for later, I'm not really doing that right now so I don't absolutely need those capabilities.  Does anyone have some thoughts on these or others that they like that may help me in my quest?  Much appreciated.

Gosford, Australia

I think you could still make a lot of use from a KP2/3 without playing live shows.
If you have any cheap guitar multi-FX pedals they might be just fine. Korg Ampworks is a pretty nice sounding and very compact little DSP unit, but I'm not sure how much use you'd make out of the amp/cabinet sims that make up the core functionality of the unit. It has tap-tempo delay though which is SUPER handy.

If you just want signal processing for recordings though I think the best option for you would be some good freeware VSTs, of which there are many! TAL, smartelectronix, tweakbench, ephonics and xoxos just to name a few of the better devs/teams.

Unsubscribe

Line6 m5.

Godzilladelph

what kind of effects did you have in mind? what do you need to use them for?

Fargo

It'd be fun to have an LFO I could trigger manually, high and low pass filters, a stutter effect, flanger, phaser, or anything else fun smile

buffalo, NY

if you don't need them live, just use VSTs

England

If you're not sure what you want, you could pick up a second hand Alesis Midiverb for cheap if you look around. Does all of the "standard" effects, and is an old favourite:

http://www.alesis.com/midiverb4

Also there's the more limited Microverb:

http://www.alesis.com/microverb4

Fargo

All of these look really cool.  I guess I've got some more thinking to do.  Thanks for all the suggestions!
I've got plenty of software effects.  I was looking for something more organic that I could play with without having to sit at my computer.  Even so, I'd gladly take suggestions on good software effects.  Btw, thanks for those you suggested, Victory Road.  I'm gonna check those out.

Germany/Florida

I have a KP3, and its very reliable. The Kaoss Quad lets you do more than one effect at once, I thought that was pretty cool

Yuma, AZ

TBH, I have a REALLY good time with my Behringer Tweakalizer. It's really simple, but it's easy to use and a blast live.

Czech republic
10spd wrote:

TBH, I have a REALLY good time with my Behringer Tweakalizer. It's really simple, but it's easy to use and a blast live.

Also pretty cheap.
I think I'll get one myself.

edit: too bad it can't be synced

edit2: and it IS behringer.

Last edited by ashimoke (Feb 6, 2012 7:21 pm)

Yuma, AZ

I hear you there. BUT a tap bpm isn't horrible in a live situation. I still dig it lol

Unsubscribe

the m5 has tap by foot stomp and via cc.

Fargo
herr_prof wrote:

the m5 has tap by foot stomp and via cc.

This I didn't know.  I am a fan of this feature.

Unsubscribe

plus you can cc it via midi and then make it clock master, allowing thigns that dont send midi clock but can send midi cc to be a sorta of clock master.

Fargo
herr_prof wrote:

plus you can cc it via midi and then make it clock master, allowing thigns that dont send midi clock but can send midi cc to be a sorta of clock master.

Meaning I could stomp on it to start a piece of gear?