Savannah, Georgia

twiddling my thumbs here in savannah, ga - i'm guessing the closest chipshows to here are mainly in atlanta?
moving here late october was a BIG mistake musically, the majority treats chipmusic like some kind of alien noise incomparable to their usual heavily-autotuned idiot singing about something they don't care about at 150 dB.

St. Louis

Savannah is such a badass town. I tried setting a show up there last august without luck, though. I just couldn't find a venue besides the wormhole and some rock bar on tybee. Goodluck, if you find a spot to play, I got some friends down there that would probably like to check you out.

Savannah, Georgia

i've never set up a live show before and i don't think i want to try given, one, i'm an underage neckbeard (16), and two, the only thing the majority of this place listens to is rap, rap, and more rap (as if i didn't already try to make that clear enough. there's also a bit of a jazz community here but that really doesn't help)

Last edited by Aeros (Feb 10, 2012 2:48 am)

matt's mind

there are a few people doing music in charleston, and you already mention atlanta.  atlanta would be your closest for shows i think...

you should probably orient your audience to the SCAD kids, they'll be more receptive possibly.  people i've known go there are very open-minded, about music as well

Savannah, Georgia
kitsch wrote:

there are a few people doing music in charleston, and you already mention atlanta.  atlanta would be your closest for shows i think...

you should probably orient your audience to the SCAD kids, they'll be more receptive possibly.  people i've known go there are very open-minded, about music as well

well hell, i hadn't even CONSIDERED the audience in SCAD, kitsch. that might actually work.

matt's mind

art school kids.  weird fuckers.

wink

Do covers of jazz standards. Seriously. I did that when I busked in Savannah last Spring, people thought it was cool.

Florida
Maxd wrote:

Do covers of jazz standards. Seriously. I did that when I busked in Savannah last Spring, people thought it was cool.

This. Jazz guys are usually pretty receptive to different forms of music.

Jay Tholen wrote:
Maxd wrote:

This. Jazz guys are usually pretty receptive to different forms of music.

As someone who has been to Savannah six different times over the past two years for jazz gigs, I can fully back this. I am currently working on a jazz set with LSDJ to record for my next album. My trombone playing is up to par, but I need to get a bit better at trumpet before I can record it all.