Baltimore, MD

This has been in my head all morning. Sanford & Son on bass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9qkxw9f4Y0

Savannah, Georgia

this prompts the question: what's the most efficient possible way to get an original bassline > your chiptune platform of choice - without use of instruments OR portable chiptune platforms (say you're in an environment where pulling out a keyboard (or a gameboy!) would be socially unacceptable) - & without totally forgetting it?

Last edited by Aeros (Feb 15, 2012 9:41 pm)

Texas

Good question. I usually either put it into Nanoloop on my phone or record myself humming or singing it. Problem is, if I record myself, then I usually forget to go back and look at them. neutral

Savannah, Georgia
HolyNegative0 wrote:

Good question. I usually either put it into Nanoloop on my phone or record myself humming or singing it. Problem is, if I record myself, then I usually forget to go back and look at them. neutral

seeing as i can't work with nanoloop if my life depended on it, i'll probably just do the whole 'humming' method next time another bassline/melody/whatever the eff i think up next comes around.

California

To remember an idea I usually just loop it in my head until I can get to a Place where I can write it down. One time I had to keep it in my head for 6 hours before I could write it down.

Texas

That sounds like absolute torture, not being able to think about anything else for six hours!? *shudders* I'm a zombie, so I don't have the attention span to do that. XD I can't even remember my own phone number at times (I fixed this by writing it on my hand for a week and whenever I got free time looking at it and repeatedly whispering it to myself, which shows how bad I am at remembering things. tongue).

California

What made it worse was the fact that I was on a really interesting tour at the time. It was horrible.

But on the plus side, the idea had almost become a complete song by the time I got my Gameboy.

Montclair, NJ

I've been beatboxing and humming songs I think up in my head since 9th grade. Some of the stuff I think up is really amazing but unfortunately they usually all falls apart when I actually try and create them. Also, most of the stuff I think up in my head is crazy breaky IDM madness that I couldnt make with any of the programs I currently have available to me...