Texas

Lately I've been getting songs stuck in my head more and more. But I never get the entire song, more and more I've been getting JUST THE BASSLINE stuck in my head.

Does this happen to anybody else? Or am I just weird? neutral

San Diego

I totally understand this feeling....would you believe I had the bassline from that crappy Selena Gomez song they play on the radio stuck in my head. hmm

Savannah, Georgia

happens all the damn time to me, honestly. mainly, though, it's my own basslines that i haven't programmed into LSDJ. then when i go to turn on my gameboy, i can't get it down. does THAT happen to many people here? forgetting what you wanted to jot down just as you get the gameboy out?

Texas
Aeros wrote:

when i go to turn on my gameboy, i can't get it down. does THAT happen to many people here?

All the frickin' time. That's why I got nanoloop on my phone, so I can *hopefully* transcribe a song as soon as I think of it. Usually I think of it at the most inopportune times, however, so this rarely works as planned. =_=".

Vile wrote:

would you believe I had the bassline from that crappy Selena Gomez song they play on the radio stuck in my head. hmm

I once got a Lady Gaga song stuck in my head for LITERALLY three days straight. It was so annoying...

Savannah, Georgia
HolyNegative0 wrote:
Aeros wrote:

when i go to turn on my gameboy, i can't get it down. does THAT happen to many people here?

All the frickin' time. That's why I got nanoloop on my phone, so I can *hopefully* transcribe a song as soon as I think of it. Usually I think of it at the most inopportune times, however, so this rarely works as planned. =_=".

hahahahahah, i actually just carry around my gameboy with me wherever i go and excuse myself whenever i get an idea.

you wouldn't believe the "OH MY GOD MY CHILDHOOD" and "HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT ALIEN THING" stares you'll get in a highschool when you're done with your work and you whip out a black, backlighted, play-it-loud DMG. it's hilarious.

Chicago IL

the best thing to do is to just record yourself humming it. shit gets lost when you're trying to figure out how it transcribes to a program

Corpus Christi, TX
Vile wrote:

I totally understand this feeling....would you believe I had the bassline from that crappy Selena Gomez song they play on the radio stuck in my head. hmm

No wayyyyyyy, I had the same bassline from that song stuck in my head too for a while...I couldn't believe it.

Anyways, yeah I always get basslines stuck in my head, and after a while of humming it, I transform it into a bassline of my own and go straight to my gameboy to try to create it.

Last edited by Klownin (Feb 14, 2012 2:37 am)

México, DF.

When I have some bassline or melody I want to put on a song, first I learn how to play it on bass or guitar.

Wilmington,NC
eme7h wrote:

When I have some bassline or melody I want to put on a song, first I learn how to play it on bass or guitar.

Good idea. Grand thinking.

Czech republic
Saskrotch wrote:

the best thing to do is to just record yourself humming it. shit gets lost when you're trying to figure out how it transcribes to a program

This is what I do sometimes.

Fargo
Saskrotch wrote:

I do this too!

uhajdafdfdfa

\it doesn't happen to me carol

Texas

Well, maybe you're just weird then.

St. Louis
Saskrotch wrote:

My phone is full of these... I always feel like an idiot when I go back and listen to myself mouthing tubas and drums.

sweden

You're ALL a bunch of weirdos OK.

Texas
nordloef wrote:

You're ALL a bunch of weirdos OK.

Thanks, man! Means a lot to me. 8D