Texas

Is there any way to export songs from Nanoloop for iPhone (other than iTunes) that will keep the native panning intact? When I try to record to a computer it never keeps the panning, and I was just curious if there's another way.
I know that when it exports a song as a .wav, it's copied to the clipboard, but what apps are there that I can paste it into?

Chicago

I've had the same problem. I said screw it and wrote tracks were the lack of panning is less important, but that's the worse work-around you can do. lol
This thread is relevant to my interests. Halp.

BOSTON

more bugs for Oliver to fix!

this may be missing the point, but you can export the Nanoloop song file by going into iTunes > [your iOS device name] > apps > Nanoloop, and then just drag and drop the file name into a (non-iTunes) folder.

and for recording, I just record the line out and it sounds excellent. and obviously preserves panning.

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Feb 27, 2012 1:55 pm)

Texas

Yeah, my problem is that my iPhone has really old software because it's jailbroken and hasn't been updated for about a year and a half. I can't export it through iTunes because it doesn't have that feature. XP Frickin' sucks, but I can probably borrow a friends iPhone and get them to export for me.

Chicago
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

and for recording, I just record the line out and it sounds excellent. and obviously preserves panning.

Interesting, because I have done that and the panning wasn't accurate.
This might be a difference between the iOS and Droid versions?

When I get the chance, I should do some tests.

BOSTON

weird! so it sounds right through headphones, but doesn't record correctly from the same jack? that's whacky!  ive heard that there are a lot of random differences between the iOS and android versions. also, ive noticed that Oliver hasn't been up on answering emails recently hmm

Texas

I had the same problem. Maybe it's just the cord I'm using or the jack or some other hardware problem, since I'm just recording with the microphone jack and a random auxilary cable I found, but when I play it with headphones it's got panning and when I record from the same jack it's all mono.

Philly, PA, USA

If it sounds right on headphones it should sound right out of the jack. if it sounds different there's either something wrong with the jack on the computer, the cable you're using, or the headphones you're using.

BOSTON

ah! that sounds like maybe you are using a mono 1/8" cable, or perhaps recording just left or right side in the DAW, which is an easy fix wink

or maybe not, idk! what are you using to get sound into your DAW? maybe we can troubleshoot your setup. I mean, I'm bored and sitting in a motel room with nothing to do, so why not? hahah

Texas

I'm working with a cheap cable that my family was using to connect a laptop to a TV, and I'm plugging one end into the headphone jack on the phone and the other into the microphone jack on a netbook. I'm recording into Audacity.

My problem is probably the cable, it's just one that I borrowed from my family. 030

BOSTON

hah! that seems likely then. even with a decent stereo cable, the audio jack doesn't do the best job for capturing full range audio (should that be your goal) and will probably only capture mono. BUT you can get pretty good sound on the cheap.

unless you want to throw in some bucks for a preramp or snazzy audio interface, you probably want some sort of analogue to digital converter or external sound card. I've used this thing a lot and it's like $20 or something: http://www.google.com/products/catalog? … CHgQ8gIwAQ

it's like 4 audio inputs on a single USB dongle. pretty legit. then just get a 1/8" to stereo RCA and you are set bro

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am)

Texas

Awesome, thanks man! I'll definitely get one of those, hopefully in the near future. As for the cables, those shouldn't be too hard to find. tongue

Thanks!