lolusa

http://www.weeklyvolcano.com/events/wer … de-tacoma/
"There is a certain segment of the population that is way too into eight-bit video games - specifically, the way those games sounded. These weirdoes have banded together to utilize those primitive sounds in the creation of new music. Their bands are chiptune bands; their members have seemingly uncovered brand new depths of obsession. Saturday, Dorky's Arcade will host several chiptune bands because, well, of course chiptune bands would play at Dorky's. Performers include Awesomecat, Shellshock, Firedrill and Ovenrake, and all the bands will be accompanied by vintage gear like Game Boys.

How surreal will it be to dance to fake video game music while - all around you - real video games are lighting up, all abuzz and a-chirp? It'll be like a snake eating its tail."

A little dated, but I've been thinking about chip-articles and the dialogues they create. Your impressions? Am I reading into this too much?
I seem to attract an amount of back-handed mentions in local press, or a lack of any journalistic investigation.

Westfield, NJ

any press is good press.

rochester, ny

just look at that last sentence.

city newspaper wrote:

This ain't your father's Game Boy music. Roc_Chip's 9th annual show brings together a set of bands sure to power up the eardrums of anybody who grew up in the days where video-game music was defined by varying chirps and beeps. Some may see those vintage sounds as technical limitations, but these bands took it for creative inspiration. Performers include Noisewave, Revengineers, Ju-Jajuba, and The Dads, all of which bring their own cartridge of unique magical 8-byte musical awesomeness. From Nintendo-laden rock to grittier punk sounds, this show is sure to light up even the dustiest circuit board. So remember your AA batteries, dig out your Worm Light, make sure your 3DS's Street Pass is on, and enjoy what may be one of the best things to happen to your NES since blowing in it stopped working.

http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/e … P_09-7-16/

"These are the best chiptuners in our state" Beeeeitch we the only chiptuners in this state!!!!   Or=" they're using reprogrammed and hacked gameboys"  Beeitch i bought a program on a cart for $49.99. ....St.Louis local  RFT  is THE worst...Literally pull facts out of the ass...It's just a written brain fart of some journalist that needs to get paid.....Which, i can understand that too. lol  = C.R.E.A.M.
'
'

The Hollow Earth
nickmaynard wrote:

just look at that last sentence.

[

Exactly! I love his ironic use of the Ouroboros analogy. Probably hasn't the foggiest idea of what it means or how it's actually more appropriate than insulting.

It's funny too.... this could almost pass for something you'd read in The Onion if it were written more objectively.