New Orleans, Louisiana
Frostbyte wrote:

I'd like to see a week all about mixing, honestly haha. I'm crap at that!

This!!!!!

Tokyo, Japan

I could do a week on mixing tracks down smile

Manchester, UK

Cool stuff, I'll definitely check out the next instalment.

Also, I noticed a small typo "Notice that the echoed note corresponds to note the note it immediately follows but the one before that."

I assume that's supposed to be "not to".

Rochester, NY

Good idea, roboctopus!  I'll be reading it.

Madison, Alabama
CartoonFood wrote:

Also, I noticed a small typo "Notice that the echoed note corresponds to note the note it immediately follows but the one before that."

Waaah.  I am embarrass.  Fixed.

roboctopus wrote:
CartoonFood wrote:

Waaah.  I am embarrass.  Fixed.

Embarrassed lawl

I'd totally be down for a column sometime.

vancouver, canada

a column demystifying the Synth screen parameters would be super valuable if anyone can provide one.  i'd like to think i know enough about synthesis  to understand what each param does, but working the values and getting predictable results can still be a damn frustrating piece of alchemy.

Czech republic
bryface wrote:

a column demystifying the Synth screen parameters would be super valuable if anyone can provide one.

this thread is pretty cool http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5954/ … e-channel/

Madison, Alabama
bryface wrote:

a column demystifying the Synth screen parameters would be super valuable if anyone can provide one.  i'd like to think i know enough about synthesis  to understand what each param does, but working the values and getting predictable results can still be a damn frustrating piece of alchemy.

I already have several columns on the wave channel planned, but Danimal Cannon did some nice in-depth work on the very parameters you're talking about in the thread ashinsmoke mentioned http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5954/ … e-channel/

Though I might turn that thread into a compact column.

Manchester, UK

Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited by CartoonFood (Mar 4, 2012 5:40 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Ignoring the fact that this thread is the wrong place for this question, welcome to LSDJ. smile
What version are you using?

Manchester, UK

Ah crap, sorry about that. Would it have been better to start a new thread?

I'm new here, I'll learn.

I'm on 4.1.8 - Just downloaded a later version.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by CartoonFood (Mar 4, 2012 5:38 pm)

Milwaukee Area, WI

I was thinking about starting some of my own tutorials about some intermediate techniques that I have discovered thanks to some help from Danimal Cannon. I was gonna talk about advance table techniques, taking advantage of stereo channels, and mixing the levels of a song to give you a better overall sound quality. Sadly, I just started a new job and it's been sucking up most of my free time :\

edit: oh and some basic wav channel stuff.

Last edited by Moriokun (Mar 4, 2012 6:19 pm)

Madison, Alabama

The second article is up: http://www.noisechannel.org/posts/4515