Madison, Alabama

For anyone interested, I'm going to be doing a weekly-ish column on LSDJ techniques at Noisechannel.org aimed at intermediate users.  Each week I'll try to go fairly in-depth on a specific technique or aspect of LSDJ, complete with visuals and audio examples.

First one is here: http://www.noisechannel.org/posts/4409

Sounds great. I still have to boot up the sav from your release sometime. smile

Madison, Alabama

Let me know if you want to do a guest column, haha.  wink

New Orleans, Louisiana

Awesome. Looking forward to this!

BK

Definitely a good idea. Giving people a deeper understanding of WHY you get a sound from certain settings is always better than just copying an instrument from a side or a sav. Keep up the good work!

Alabama, USA

Looking forward to more articles! I actually use a similar technique to what dylanbrochill posted: a table of Exx commands and one Gxx command to get the speed right.

Madison, Alabama

Thanks guys.  I hope people get something out if them.

mrhmouse wrote:

Looking forward to more articles! I actually use a similar technique to what dylanbrochill posted: a table of Exx commands and one Gxx command to get the speed right.

I hope each article sparks some conversation like this.  The table echo is useful too.  I'll definitely be revisiting echo tricks later.

Also, hi fellow Alabama chipper!  big_smile

Tokyo, Japan

Started with a bang! Love this echo tut. Really well made!!

Yo octo, I gotta show you some sounds i've been squeezing out of my blue boy today...give you some more meat for the article ;D

rochester, ny

A++++++

Love this idea 100%.

Madison, Alabama

Also, if anyone has a topic they would like to see covered, let me know.

Or, if you have a tip/trick you think is column material, let me know too.  I'll do the same level of detailed write-up, but I'll give you mad props and a link-back if desired.

London, Ontario

id like to contribute to a column on tables if you plan on doing one, but thatd be fairly lengthy. i know a few things about tables that would be really beneficial to intermediate users though tongue

USA

I can teach you how to make custom graphics patches for LSDJ if you want.

Then you can use the knowledge for your weekly column.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4916/ … atch-more/

What do you think?

Lexington, KY
SurfaceDragon wrote:

What do you think?

This'd be pretty gnar.

Madison, Alabama
shotgun breakdown wrote:

id like to contribute to a column on tables if you plan on doing one, but thatd be fairly lengthy. i know a few things about tables that would be really beneficial to intermediate users though tongue

That would be totally cool.  My goal is to be very specific with each column (I'll almost certainly to other columns on echoes in the future, in fact), so there won't be a column on tables as a whole, but many columns talking about different functions for tables.  I want to really dig into each idea and present different applications for each one, so if you have some specific table techniques you think would make a good article, shoot me a PM. 

I should note, I'm a technical writer, so I would like to do the actual *writing* of the article, but I'd happily present them as your ideas.  (Maybe even a cheesy, "Okay kids, this week's tip comes to us from...")

SurfaceDragon wrote:

What do you think?

That's a GREAT example of a good, specific topic for a column!  I'm down.

I'd like to see a week all about mixing, honestly haha. I'm crap at that!