Tucson, AZ

"This is a pretty serious release," said Jellica in the email that accompanied my copy of Safafa. Like all great British eccentrics, Jellica is very serious about everything he does, whether he's giving his tracks utterly unpronounceable titles, penning musical homages to cats or indulging in some of the most expressive free-dance you're ever likely to see on stage at a chip gig. With Safafa, he's set his sights even higher: nothing less than an epic counter-factual voyage to the stars, wherein space was conquered in the 80s by an Amiga-fixated generation of British kids. The tempos are slower on Safafa but Jellica's LSDJ magic is as intricate and textured as ever, reflecting the contradictions of a journey where the enormous speeds achieved are dwarfed by the vast distances yet to be covered. All in a day's work for Jellica - a serious man, but all the more fun for it.

– Matt Nida

Tracklisting
---
01 Dennye
02 Safafa BCF d3
03 Sikkky (Safafa version)
04 Yisso

// DOWNLOAD 8BP123 //

IL, US

This is awesome,  download it immediately people

Tucson, AZ

^ this.  Jellica has to be one of the most underrated chip musicians around -- totally brilliant stuff.

Washington DC

This thread needs like 50 more pages.

Gosford, Australia

this is really slick!

Just an excellent release really in every way.

New York City

Incredible artwork.

Joliette, QC, Canada

oh yeah new Jellica !
Always great to listen some new Jelli stuffs !!! big_smile

Bronx, NY
Nullsleep wrote:

^ this.  Jellica has to be one of the most underrated chip musicians around -- totally brilliant stuff.

Definitely THE most underrated in my opinion. Jellica is also one of the absolute best in the world, by any measure. This release does not disappoint.

Vienna

Jellicat did it again! stellar release, man!

Madison, Alabama

This release is uber stellar.  Dennye popped up on 8bc ages ago and disappeared almost immediately, but I've been listening to that song for months.  So glad to hear it leading off a fantastic release.

The textures and sounds are superb.

Tokyo, Japan

Love this release. I am such a Jellica fan. Does the dude tweet? I assume not...

New Orleans, Louisiana

Excellent. Love it!

Tokyo, Japan

Cracking stuff. Love the mix of laid back and up tempo. Lovely sound design too! big_smile

England

Thanks everyone and Nullsleep for releasings!

I don't have a Twitter. Should I?

Tokyo, Japan

Yes, I want to tweet chiplove at you!