A picture tutorial on how to use a nonfinite kit with a Game Boy Pocket. Results can end up like:

http://bibin.gg8.se/blog/?page_id=3

If you feel like getting even better contrast, check out:

http://bibin.gg8.se/blog/?page_id=32

Minneapolis

Mmmm, that yellow one looks very very nice. Amber... Looks like my favorite CRT color...

OH! I got to say, your instructions say to remove the original polarizer. But you never say to put a new one in? I am confused. (EDIT: saw it in the pictures... I guess it's implicit, since it's really obvious)

Anyways, good work. I'm thinking of trying this with some more pockets before too long. Possibly with the new backlight kit fro*ztCHTcht* Um, what was I saying... hum de dum...

SECOND EDIT: If I do a biversion, I'm going to put a switch in there so you can turn the biversion on or off, since real inversion would be awesome for LSDJ and pretty much nothing else.

Last edited by arfink (Feb 6, 2010 8:07 pm)

US, Missouri

any chance i could pay someone to put one in mine?

Oregon

Followed this tutorial with the V3 backlights that nonfinite is offering now. Just modified the tutorial to line up with how the V3 tutorial works with the DMG (no more cutting of the backlight panel, and no removal of the power LED.)

So, anybody out there new to the scene who's trying to figure out how to mod a pocket (like me, haha) look no further, this worked awesome. smile Thanks for the tutorial, Bibin!

Olympia, WA

I backlit and biverted two gameboy pockets with a Nonfinite V.2 backlight and both times the intensity of the backlight dies down to nothing after almost no time of playing. When they're plugged in the brightness and contrast are amazing but the second I put them on battery power, I lose it. I've tried new batteries but that doesn't seem to work.  Am I wiring it up incorrectly or something?

hey,
what solder points do you use on the pocket with the v3 kit. homeboy says this shit is "very pocket friendly" on his website but i'm at a complete loss here. also freaking out a bit because i think i may have damaged my wires but probably not. anyway where are the solder points on the pocket?

Last edited by underscore (Nov 2, 2011 11:25 pm)

underscore wrote:

hey,
what solder points do you use on the pocket with the v3 kit. homeboy says this shit is "very pocket friendly" on his website but i'm at a complete loss here. also freaking out a bit because i think i may have damaged my wires but probably not. anyway where are the solder points on the pocket?

You solder to the same place, the regulator.

I'm making a tutorial soon for how to backlight a pocket, but it's for the LEDx3 VB panels, so it won't be the same.

Also, damaged wires aren't an issue. You may need to replace them regardless just for the length.

hi i'm a newcomer here ...i'm in trouble cause i want to bivert my GB pocket however the olny site to show how to do..mikejmoffitt.com displays 3 way to proceed ...i wanna know which one is the best ... Even though the two under the kirby's image are showing a different way with the black and red wire so please tell me how to do ..i'll be in touch for any advices thanks!!!