Texas

I know this has been asked before, but I still haven't been able to find an answer, and as SXSW is almost upon us, I figured I'd come here. Is there going to be a Datapop during the South By Southwest festivities? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Brooklyn NY US

My understanding is that there won't unfortunately.

Texas

sad Sad day. I was at 3.0, and really enjoyed it. I'm kicking myself for missing last year's. It was a great substitute for Blip Fest for those of us who can't really get out of Texas. I heard that there were some problems with the management at The Highball (though I then heard to the contrary), so I can understand if not, but are there any known plans to continue doing Datapop or something similar around here in Texas?

rochester, ny
Bornyesterday wrote:

sad Sad day. I was at 3.0, and really enjoyed it. I'm kicking myself for missing last year's. It was a great substitute for Blip Fest for those of us who can't really get out of Texas. I heard that there were some problems with the management at The Highball (though I then heard to the contrary), so I can understand if not, but are there any known plans to continue doing Datapop or something similar around here in Texas?

you should set it up!

Texas

I would love to, but I'm not in any way as connected as the people who put Datapop together, and I have *zero* knowledge or experience in terms of arranging things. Hell, I can't organize my own schedule. I'm just an avid fan who had the bad luck to be living in an area where big chip stuff doesn't really happen all that much. Still, there's always Sievert and IAYD, that's a major consolation. Now I just need to figure out when and where they play. tongue

IL, US

don't forget that texas has numerous chip musicians besides sievert & IAYD

yatagarasu, prince_s, i cactus, etc (i cant think of more off the top of my head right now, but those three are all damn good)

Unsubscribe

I have a minor chip event happening the afternoon of the 16th, will post some info soon. No live acts, but if the turnout is decent who knows what may happen.

IL, US

oh duh, peter swimm belongs on that list too, keep forgetting you left the east coast

Texas

e.s.c. : Oh, wow, I had no idea i, cactus was from around here! I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the other three (until recently I was only getting the bulk of my chiptune from 8bitpeoples, and I'm starting to find out about the wider world of the scene), but I am sure they're worth the mention, haha.
herr_prof: At SXSW, I take it?

Unsubscribe

no! info coming soon!

Texas

Yay! I hope it's in the Houston/Galveston area! :3

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

here in dallas but it's during sxsw
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6016/ … arch-17th/

Texas

Man, I've wanted to get back over to DFW for a long time, but as it turns out I'm gonna be stuck in my area for the next few weeks. sad It looks like it's shapIng up to be really great, though! If I can swing it, I'll try to get over there, for sure. Good luck!

Unsubscribe

Friday!
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/94032/#p94032