Costa Mesa

So I get everything ready to go for this sweet heck of release of a few singles and what else would happen but consistent upload errors. I'm doing everything it says, uploading .wav's, etc. Anyone have any idea what would cause this? Is bandcamp sensitive to slower/busier networks? I have no idea how to make this right. Any tips would be appreciated*!

*edit

Last edited by TrebleChild (Mar 10, 2012 12:31 am)

TSSBAY01

its because you need to upload flacs.

Abandoned on Fire

They were offline for a while last night, maybe they're having issues.

you can upload .flac files, they'd be smaller than .wav at least.

TSSBAY01

yea, i think they were also updating stuff. try converting to flac and upload that..i know i've done .wav in the past and one time, i did get one error, but ive never gotten errors uploading .flac. that could be the problem. ive noticed it being a bit more sluggish lately myself, so its hard to say.

Costa Mesa

Alrighty I'll have to look up a FLAC codec for Audacity and try running that. Thanks for the tips! I'll update if I'm still having issues.

also, make sure your browser properly supports flash, or that there isn't anything wacky with your flash plug-in, or some extension or other plug-in that might not play nice with flash

Also try disabling any anti-virus software while you're uploading, my firewall blocked it consistently for me.

Costa Mesa

ooooh other nice ideas... Cus I just had problems with FLAC too. I'll turn off my bastard child antivirus Norton (unwanted resubscription sad ) and see if that works on the next run. And I'm half certain Chrome wouldn't have any problems but I have had issues with some flash bits before... particularly on SIMNET. I'll switch to Firefox, turn off firewall, and do one more go before i decide that someone at bandcamp.com doesn't like me.

*edit: Still no. :l

Last edited by TrebleChild (Mar 10, 2012 5:28 pm)

oh well, use soundcloud

not that I think these'll help but:

filenames with spaces/random punctuation characters in.
clear out extra header information in the .wav / .flac files.  (some samplers add creator info which you can usually disable when saving)

Costa Mesa

currently my latest saved name is r2dr-songname
but header information... I'll have to check that out. Does Bandcamp do all the header information itself for me then?

Battle Lava wrote:

oh well, use soundcloud

I gave up and put them on soundcloud last night but I'd like them up on Bandcamp cus my friends have expressed a desire to support me in my endeavors.

Last edited by TrebleChild (Mar 10, 2012 5:53 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Weird, BC has always worked so well for me.

Send an email to customer support, they were very responsive when I asked for .sav files to allowed as bonus items.

Yeah you should do that TC

Last edited by IanFlux (Mar 10, 2012 10:31 pm)

egr wrote:

Send an email to customer support, they were very responsive when I asked for .sav files to allowed as bonus items.

I think I'll send them an e-mail and echo that request; that would make it much easier.

Abandoned on Fire
Zef wrote:
egr wrote:

I think I'll send them an e-mail and echo that request; that would make it much easier.

They already did it, they're really accomadating  smile