Abandoned on Fire

NOT CHIP PLEASE DELETE

los angeles

my shitty fakebit demos are all gone now

excellent

Rochester, NY
Natty wrote:

That's the first time I've heard of Seapunk and I have to say I'm very unhappy that it isn't people dressed like sailors and playing rock and roll versions of sea shanties and original songs about mizzenmasts and boatswains and mermaids with seaweed hair.

I may have to start a band like that, steal the term sea punk, and release and EP called "Anarchy in the South Seas" or "Fresh Fruit for Scurvy" or "Greenland Calling." And possibly a Blondie cover "Call Me (Ishmael)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw

Sweeeeeeden

Or, like this...

shiroshii wrote:

my shitty fakebit demos are all gone now

excellent

San Angelo, TX

I was only part of 8bc slightly before it started to die, but immediately after joinin I could feel it fade away from me. Honestly at first I sort of resented cm.o because my initial post was greeted with hate, and surprisingly on 8bc it was not.
But as time went on I could see why chipmusic was a better place for me. Especially after one of the last thread where Jaberhonky, one hell of a faggit, started shit with alot of members over his own wrongdoings. (btw if he ever joins I will leave this site, he is a worthless piece of shit) but all in all I loved 8bc so much... Honestly I hope Jose gets his shit together and fixes it, maybe it will come back alive one day. I see 8bc as the MySpace of the chiptune world, only to be exceeded by chipmusic.org which is the Facebook equivalent. Many of the concepts of 8bc are here, and they are good concepts but thankfully all of the bad concepts are gone as well.
I hope chipmusic can take the kind of shit 8bc took and not end up like it.
I guess this is my home now...

And about buying the damn site:
We had a thread going about trying to buy it as a group of individuals and run it ourselves but to know avail as Jose would not respond to 2xAA or something along those lines.
But if anyone gets the guy to answer and give us a price, I will give my undivided time and effort to help purchase the site. No doubt.

And as for my specific nostalgia of the site:
I loved the h8r troll, he was funny as fuck
Zazi's posts always made me laugh
My 48hr challenge with Solarbear was hilarious, I got my ass kicked but it was a good time.
I got a kick out of the "Glow in the dark GB Colour" thread that Jaberhonky defended and acted like a drama queen.
Almost got 8bc Secret Santa off the ground tongue

Good times for me as well.
Well.....
Goodbye 8bc,
Love,
         Hunter

BOSTON

^
gay

< gay

gay
v

San Angelo, TX
GAY wrote:

^
gay

< gay

gay
v

lolusa

I'm glad about 80% of the dumb things I've said, created, or replied to will be gone. It is extremely shitty that so many good files are going to be missing. That was the only way I could get chibi's "a--nie luv"

Sweeeeeeden
Screamforme99 wrote:
GAY wrote:

^
BR1GHT PR1MATE

< BR1GHT PR1MATE

BR1GHT PR1MATE
v

BOSTON

and now the cycle is complete!! the spirit of 8bc is with us now in this very thread!!!

Abandoned on Fire

Stuff in my photobucket account from 8bc:

Last edited by egr (Mar 14, 2012 3:27 am)

Florida

I remember uploading my old 2007 album 'The Old Testament' and people really really liking it. That was nice.

I also remember engaging in a crappy regrettable religion argument with minusbaby. I think it was him anyway. Glad it's gone. :B

Last edited by Jay Tholen (Mar 14, 2012 3:22 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

do you guys remember that whole 'brand-new off topic section with only saskrotch as a mod' experiment?

OFF TOPIC NEVER 4GET

Where's Nezar, btw?

OMG ! Yeah Nezar totally disappear !!!

FlashHeart
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:
Natty wrote:

That's the first time I've heard of Seapunk and I have to say I'm very unhappy that it isn't people dressed like sailors and playing rock and roll versions of sea shanties and original songs about mizzenmasts and boatswains and mermaids with seaweed hair.

I may have to start a band like that, steal the term sea punk, and release and EP called "Anarchy in the South Seas" or "Fresh Fruit for Scurvy" or "Greenland Calling." And possibly a Blondie cover "Call Me (Ishmael)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw

Yeah, that is closer to what I was thinking... but pirates are already too mainstream and that music isn't very good. The Mighy Boosh "Future Sailors" thing that Kris posted is sartorially more what I had in mind, but the music's not there.

I was basically picturing Turbonegro except all the band dresses like Happy Tom and all the lyrics are about whaling and getting stupid tattoos and picking up all sorts of diseases in ports all over the world. And buggery.

FlashHeart

Wait... egr... what is that crazy flier that I seem to be on for that show that didn't exist? I've never seen that before.

Abandoned on Fire
Natty wrote:

Wait... egr... what is that crazy flier that I seem to be on for that show that didn't exist? I've never seen that before.

That was from the "Pixel art challenge thread", most of those are in fact.  That challenge was something like "make a flier for your dream chip show" or something to that effect.  smile

EDIT:  according to the file name i gave it, it was made by zen albatross

Last edited by egr (Mar 14, 2012 4:52 am)