buffalo, NY

One time this happened to me during a show. It was fine in the mains but center channel cancelled out in the monitors. It was maddening, I didn't figure out until later

Last edited by danimal cannon (Mar 16, 2012 6:09 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yeah, it happened at a Crashfaster/Awkward Terrible/Glowing Stars show, sound guy didn't figure it out. I didn't figure it out until after the Crashfaster set unfortunately.

Bummer was, it was a mono soundsystem, so it affected front of house pretty badly. He had just updated all their tunes with all these stereo effects and shit, too, so some stuff was cancelled out and other stuff was extremely loud because it was panned. It was surreal though, because most of the band wears in-ears, so they were still playing in perfect time.

Tacoma, WA

hmmm... (DMG coming soon in the mail)... do you think I would have any problems if I had a setup like this:
                                       [1/4 Mono]________-----------------------------------
{DMG}[Stereo 1/8]-------{________________|  [Behringer Xenyx 802    |[Stereo1/4]--------------[Stereo 1/8]{Laptop}
                                       [1/4 Mono]                -----------------------------------

Matthew Joseph Payne

Nope, that's pretty much what you're supposed to do. What are you using the mixer for though? EQ I guess? Nothing the computer can't handle, why not just plug the DMG straight into the laptop?

buffalo, NY

Just don't phase invert the left and right channel and you're golden

San Angelo, TX

I had this problem: it's due to you trying to record a stereo output with a mono output:
What I did: panned everything that was going to the right, to the right in LSDJ and and erased the left pan then recorded it, restarted my DMG without saving the song and panned everything that was pan left, to the right in lsdj and erased everything panned right then recorded it and merged the two tracks after some noise editing!

Tacoma, WA

Sweet, thanks guys!

kineticturtle wrote:

Nope, that's pretty much what you're supposed to do. What are you using the mixer for though? EQ I guess? Nothing the computer can't handle, why not just plug the DMG straight into the laptop?

I use the mixer with a lot of my other stuff... I have Casio CTK-573 which I use a MIDI controller for a VST plugin on my laptop. I also have a Korg Monotron and an Ibanez RG3EXFM1 guitar (the guitar I only sometimes plug in to my mixer... I usually just use a lot of the effect on my amp{Peavey Vypyr})... oh, almost forgot my PSP... I may also plug that in while it is running some sort of emulator...

brighton

yeah thanks yall, been lots of help...ive come to a conclusion, after many tests, and basically what ever cable im using, both mono and stereo, all panning to the right doesnt pick up at all! i think im gonna write this one off and just recorded it without panning on LSDJ but then cut out certain sections of the audio file in logic and pan them through that....not really keeping within the 8bit style but at least it will sound more dynamic than everything being centre panned....x

Matthew Joseph Payne

IAMERROR, it doesn't sound like you've actually solved the problem. Would you take a picture of the cable you're using and post it here?