rochester, ny

i just got a video capture device for my computer so now i can record video directly off of my NES on to my computer. i'm going to do a bigger post about all this soon but for now i just wanted to share the first video i recorded from it.

the NES is running a custom program that i half wrote (the other half i copied out of NO CARRIER apps). possibly seizure inducing due to fast color cycling.

anyone want to collaborate on some weird video project?

Tokyo, Japan

Great effort but im afraid the color cycling is a bit too much for me!

uhajdafdfdfa

smile VJ Nicky M smile

Melbourne, AU

Disagree Lazerbeat. The colour cycling is just the right amount of seizure inducing for me.

sweden
mysterystain wrote:

Disagree Lazerbeat. The colour cycling is just the right amount of seizure inducing for me.

I want more!

Massachusetts, USA

Nick, what video capture device are you using?

This is awesome!

rochester, ny
sammulligan wrote:

Nick, what video capture device are you using?

This is awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Video-Capt … B0029U2YSA

thanks!

Lazerbeat wrote:

thanks, and i actually agree with this particular screen. it looks kind of lame when the speed is slower though. the problem is, the negative space comprises so much of the screen, so it is kind of overpowering when it's big like that. during the video, there are some glitchy areas where only tiny little pieces are color cycling and those aren't too intense at all. so yeah, i think it's mainly because of how much of the screen is pulsing.

thanks everyone else!

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Cool stuff! Check your PMs. tongue

orange county, CA

i love these. great work.

Easton, PA, USA

I will agree with mysterystain, on the seizurey goodness. ps if anyone else goes for a cap devices avoid easycaps.

Tokyo, Japan
nickmaynard wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

thanks, and i actually agree with this particular screen. it looks kind of lame when the speed is slower though. the problem is, the negative space comprises so much of the screen, so it is kind of overpowering when it's big like that. during the video, there are some glitchy areas where only tiny little pieces are color cycling and those aren't too intense at all. so yeah, i think it's mainly because of how much of the screen is pulsing.

Old topic but if you have a v4 you could key in litewall or something as another layer for the larger negative space backgrounds. That might de intensify things a bit,