Leopard 10.5.8
Safari Version 4.0.4 (5531.21.10)

The upload starts but never ends. Goes fine and fast in my PC running Firefox

Los Angeles
akira^8GB wrote:

Leopard 10.5.8
Safari Version 4.0.4 (5531.21.10)

The upload starts but never ends. Goes fine and fast in my PC running Firefox

It was tested and working on that version of Safari. Since the site is developed on mac ff & safari.
However I can not test it now because I upgraded to snow. hmm

New York City

I remember it working before, my first upload was on this very same computer. So something changed and glitched.

Get a real browser on your Mac.

Malaga, Spain
arlen wrote:

Get a real browser on your Mac.

Yeah! Like Chrome!! B-)

New York City

There's no problem with Safari. Firefox runs like absolute shit. Chrome is not even an option yet.
Get real dudes.

As said, this was working, and now it doesn't. Something happened.

New York City

Weird shit.

Leopard 10.5.8
Version 4.0.4 (5531.21.10)
This is also what I have at work. And it's working.
Something about my girlfriend's Macbook must be wrong. This is a Mac Pro.

You could try WebKit. It's basically just Safari. Who knows, it might just work.

Also, Firefox should run fine! Runs fine on my Mac. But then again I'm on Tiger and mine's not a Pro.

New York City

Firefox has serious performance issues. Safari is much faster. That's what lead me to go back to Safari after a lot of time using FF in my Mac. I need my apps to work zippy fast. I don't knowhow you can stand it in Tiger, it was specially bad on PPC.

Bronx, NY

Firefox on Mac has always given me trouble. I love Camino mostly because of it's visual appeal and how comfortable that made me feel while browsing. Safari is great though.

New York City

Camino looks interesting, but how compatible is it?

Los Angeles

How old is your GF's mac? Like what cpu is it. I have ff running great on even a ~1.6(ish) old dual core mac mini. Maybe there is some crapy rosetta app running in the background or something silly. Also note I upgraded that machine to 10.6 and it actually runs faster than it did in 10.5 ... food for thought.

New York City

Hmm I think it must be like 2 years old, not more.
Safari would still be faster, regardless. I'm fine with it, usually the extensions drain a lot of CPU and I like o use them so it;s best if I don't have them big_smile

HOwever I wonder why the music upload fails in her computer and not here. Maybe a cookie issue?

Los Angeles
akira^8GB wrote:

Hmm I think it must be like 2 years old, not more.
Safari would still be faster, regardless. I'm fine with it, usually the extensions drain a lot of CPU and I like o use them so it;s best if I don't have them big_smile

HOwever I wonder why the music upload fails in her computer and not here. Maybe a cookie issue?

doubtful. It should come back with a error if anything, not just hang indefinitely.  try again later and see if it works, maybe your internet went down or something?

New York City

I tried this two different days before I reported the error.
I'll try again, but I doubt it's a connectivity issue.
Also, as soon as it failed, I uploaded using my PC with Firefox and it worked, so it can't be the Internets.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 8, 2010 8:16 pm)

))<>((
akira^8GB wrote:

Chrome is not even an option yet.

any particular reason?