São Paulo, Brazil

damn akira, I wish I had gone to London this year, not 2011 sad

London
Bit Shifter wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that nothing happens in London! There are some amazing gigs with amazing lineups happening over there. I was just trying to give 8GB props for hitting the ground running.

mad props to Akira for sure, its good in many ways he is here smile

London
Bit Shifter wrote:

Was thinking about this, and had the thought that if London has a perception of being quiet nowadays, it may have more to do with the fact that London put itself on the chipmusic map about 10 years ahead of the game & set the bar incredibly high with regular events that made a really big impression among "early" micromusic.net denizens & whatnot. So while any scaling-back can give the illusion of "getting quieter," I think that dialing down the volume knob from "11" to "10" is still pretty fuckin' loud.

This is all true mate. I think the main thing I react to is some of the stuff trotted out in the forum thread on this subject (http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5964/ … es-nights/) which would have you believe nothing happens (edit: its that type of comment that really gets to me). I think theres a certain amount of London-style apathy too.

I think we probably dialed it back from 11 to 6 or something wink

Personally speaking, I do wish I could do more - but what with work, my own music and gigs, plus maxymiser its a busy schedule.

I have hope that with 'Analog Attack', '8bitvomit', 'Handbaked Arcade' to name a few we should be quite a bit higher on the activity scale soon.

(also, who knows, there might be another gwEm run night later this year - in some kind of grimey venue with a loud soundsystem and the younger generation taking recreational drugs in the corner etc etc)

Last edited by gwEm (Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm)

Liverpool, UK

You guys realise it's only two hours on the train from London to Liverpool, right? The NWUK Massive is smashing LDN at the moment, with ChipFests and Megabytes galore!

New York City
Bit Shifter wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that nothing happens in London!

Shut up you're just an asshole.
Haha JOKING! heart heart heart

Anyway, all the credit goes to SABREPULSE who actually started to organize this one up, not me. We're just helping out! I love organizing stuff so in any way I can help, it is my pleasure.

Just keep those eyes peeled for anything else new that might happen in the nearby future... wink

calmdownkidder wrote:

You guys realise it's only two hours on the train from London to Liverpool, right? The NWUK Massive is smashing LDN at the moment, with ChipFests and Megabytes galore!

Well invite us to play and we'll go tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 20, 2012 8:54 pm)

London, UK
akira^8GB wrote:

I'll second that. Willing to travel!

New York City
matt.nida wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I'll second that. Willing to travel!

I did write to Megabyte. Got no answer ;_;

BRKlyn

someone submit this to the calendar when you have a time? please? http://brk.to/chipmusiceventform

New York City

On it. i dont see any format for this so excuse me if I am non-canonical. You should write on the page in which format we have to submit stuff like date and starting time. It will make your life easier big_smile

Liverpool, UK

Oh, you're not willing to go to shows as a fan? I see now...

New York City
calmdownkidder wrote:

A fan of what and who, exactly? tongue
Until you book us, I don't even think a north west England exists... xD

Unsubscribe

Im a fan of MONEY.

Tokyo, Japan
akira^8GB wrote:
calmdownkidder wrote:

A fan of what and who, exactly? tongue
Until you book us, I don't even think a north west England exists... xD

I haven't lived in the UK since I knew about a wider chip scene, really curious what the vibe is like.

London
Lazerbeat wrote:

I haven't lived in the UK since I knew about a wider chip scene, really curious what the vibe is like.

Its amazing, you're really missing out! wink

BRKlyn
akira^8GB wrote:

On it. i dont see any format for this so excuse me if I am non-canonical. You should write on the page in which format we have to submit stuff like date and starting time. It will make your life easier big_smile

noted! I was just parsing it manually

England

you should change matt to BLEEPSTREET REC because he looks kinda lonely on metrodub