San Angelo, TX

Are making chiptune music videos a good idea?
I know 8bit trip was pretty impressive but I'm talking about the weird stuff like glitchy video from a NES and whatnot.
Reason I ask is because I'm having a local video artist, who likes glitch-type weird stuff  to make a video for one of my songs.

England

lots of us have music videos, so i guess its a good idea.

BK

How about this- why would it possibly be a bad idea?

Abandoned on Fire

At the very least it gives you something to put on the YouTubes.

uhajdafdfdfa

maybe don't think about ideas as being "good" or "bad" ;~p

A gray world of dread

I think it's an excellent idea!

if you've got access to the song data (I used a tracker) you can attach it to the visuals which saves having to do much sync work.

Joliette, QC, Canada
Kris k wrote:

If your video is only you running in a street like Mario Bros and showing-off with your DMG a thousand times in it...this can be a very bad idea !!! wink

Liverpool, UK
XyNo wrote:
Kris k wrote:

If your video is only you running in a street like Mario Bros and showing-off with your DMG a thousand times in it...this can be a very bad idea !!! wink

MORE LIKE AN AWESOME IDEA

Palmdale, CA

K0D3K

Joliette, QC, Canada
calmdownkidder wrote:
XyNo wrote:

MORE LIKE AN AWESOME IDEA

If I was CDK...I would totally post...
THISGUY.JPG
wink

rochester, ny
Screamforme99 wrote:

Are making chiptune music videos a good idea?
I know 8bit trip was pretty impressive but I'm talking about the weird stuff like glitchy video from a NES and whatnot.
Reason I ask is because I'm having a local video artist, who likes glitch-type weird stuff  to make a video for one of my songs.

you should let us know after it's made whether it was a good idea or not and why.

Seattle, WA US

Henry Homesweet's video for Critical Buddha is one of the most beautiful things I've watched in my entire life

Sydney AUS
Kris k wrote:

This is how:

/plug ruse

Westfield, NJ

This is one of my favorite music videos:

IL, US

i have two pieces which are basically long-form full-album videos online