Just wanted to know if it's bad that I do that and don't use lsdj. I have it, I'm just not good with it, haha

shanghai

lsdj is gay anyway, dont fret it : P

California

No, not at all.

rochester, ny
Spotts wrote:

Just wanted to know if it's bad that I do that and don't use lsdj.

it's not

BOSTON

these guys are trying to make you feel better, but truthfully you should be *ashamed!* It is well known that music is only done in one manner.

haha ok. I just don't have the patience for lsdj when I could be making epic music in reason. I loooooooove reason I spend hrs on it. I also spent hrs on lsdj... and failed miserably. Props to people who can use it tho.

San Angelo, TX

Lsdj isn't gay, and it does have a little bit of a small learning curve but using a DAW like reason is fine, propably sounds better than alot of stuff we do.
&
Lol @brightprimate

Tacoma, WA

dude... I know just how you feel... I understand how to use DAWs and a lot of other trackers...but I have a lot of trouble with LSDJ just trying to get the exact tone... it gets even worse because I will then go back and decide I don't like the way it sounds shortly before wiping the chains and patterns...

vancouver, canada
Spotts wrote:

Just wanted to know if it's bad that I do that and don't use lsdj. I have it, I'm just not good with it, haha

i would still call it chipmusic, but i just want you to know that you are taking us down a dangerous slippery slope here. 

next thing you know, people will start making music with their freaking SEGA MEGADRIVES and start calling it chip.

Philly, PA, USA

UNLESS IT COMES FROM A REAL GAMEBOY ITS NOT A REAL CHIPTUNE
/sarcasm

chipmusic is an aesthetic fuck a haters, you're making music, who fucking cares,

Really the only difference i think is that people with a DAW go over the top with the effects. The only effects I use are EQ's and a scream 4 distortion unit to make the drums sound nice and chippy. But I don't believe in using delay or anything. It's not chiptune then. Thats just a prefrence though

Last edited by Spotts (Mar 21, 2012 3:40 am)

Florida

Just avoid using defaults and presets (unless they're completely transparent) and you're good. Play with the sounds! And don't listen to Spotts, analog delay + chip sounds = dreamy.

Well you know what I mean, digital delay and the like. Reverb and stuff. I don't know, I'm some what of a purist, I guess. Lol

BOSTON

a purist that uses reason, apparently!

if you're looking for justification (especially from other musicians) in your creative methods then you're making music for the wrong purposes IMO. if you love reason make music in reason, lots of people do it

Last edited by an0va (Mar 21, 2012 3:52 am)

haha yeah, I did contradict myself there. And i don't know, I've always been interested in chip music, just started making it and had a lot of fun with it. But it seems like everyone uses lsdj, and if you don't its like shame, shame. That might just be me though.