MA

*Thread   Closed*

All posts are irrelevant to the topic...Thanks hmm

Last edited by Turtle413 (Feb 22, 2010 6:16 am)

East Kilbride, Scotland

As far as I'm aware, you're out of luck. The way people do this is by figuring out the whole songs themselves in their chosen program. This included messing around with tables and the various functions of the instrument screen to do so. You could always change to a sample tracker or just use samples over the top if you can't figure out how to do those gaming sounds.

MA

Yeah...it's a lot of work I'm sure...but worth it to me! Any other tips on making this process easier??? I'm strictly using LSDJ on a plain old Grayboy- no added peripherals or programs, just the way I like it! smile

Melbourne, Australia

I think you should just get that idea out of your head and put in the hard yards to work out the songs by yourself. It'll be more rewarding and you'll learn more doing so.

tldr; there is no such source for 'chipmusic tabs'

MA

Point taken... Helpful tips are still encouraged... I'm a noob when it comes to music programming in general... I played live drums my whole life wink

BOSTON

possibly you could ask artists who have already done megaman / other game mixes for their .sav and then work from there? it would be collaboration for sure, but i'll bet you would get some takers. i know beware has some stuff, and i'd advise searching through 8bc for other artists' tracks.

also, since you live in MA you need to go to this:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/481/b … eace-moar/

MA
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

possibly you could ask artists who have already done megaman / other game mixes for their .sav and then work from there? it would be collaboration for sure, but i'll bet you would get some takers. i know beware has some stuff, and i'd advise searching through 8bc for other artists' tracks.

also, since you live in MA you need to go to this:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/481/b … eace-moar/

WOW..wtf? I'm sooooo glad I posted this thread! Thanks for linking me to that! Wow, I never knew about no "chip" scene in Mass. How Cool!?! Well, I'm going to do my best on getting down there and partying like it's 1985! And Animal Style is going to be there!!! I just started to get into his stuff! lol Well I should get off the computer now and start composing... I wanna hopefully have a tune to play during open mic. haha yeah right... I'll try my best tho!!!

England

looking for midi files of these classic soundtrack would probably help you a lot.

MA

Thanks Jellica...btw cool name...it rhymes with Metallica-and they kick ass!!!

England

im pretty damn sure im not influenced by metallica in any way, i hope the midi files work out ok, you should be about to transpose all the main parts to lsdj quite easily

Melbourne, Australia

The only way you can easily do this is with a DAW and samples.

Want the real thing, work out each instrument/note/composition by yourself from scratch. Have fun. And yeah, the "tabs" doesn't really make sense

))<>((

have a look at http://vgmusic.com wink

Los Angeles, CA

There are a lot of fairly accurate MOD/IT/XM/S3M video game covers out there...in the past I've opened those up in Modplug and used them for reference in doing video game covers. I try not to do that anymore because it's totally fucking cheating, but it also saves a lot of time and usually ends up creating the same result as doing it by ear, as long s the module is accurate. Midis are also useful for this.

Seattle, WA

llllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

MA
yuh wrote:

llllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

quit yer bitchin''... how about posting something helpful for a change???

I work around the clock 24/7 on these chip projects, and LSDJ in general...thanks for those of you that are struggling like me and offer great help!

*Close Thread"

Tokyo, Japan
Jellica wrote:

looking for midi files of these classic soundtrack would probably help you a lot.

I was about to suggest this.