Tokyo, Japan

If you have a WAV instrument set up to play pingpong, loop, etc., you can delete all instances of the instrument except the first one and as long as your repeat is set to F, the synth will keep cycling through the frames without resetting.

I had no idea you could do this, this has literally changed my whole life!

Fargo
Lazerbeat wrote:

If you have a WAV instrument set up to play pingpong, loop, etc., you can delete all instances of the instrument except the first one and as long as your repeat is set to F, the synth will keep cycling through the frames without resetting.

Same here!  I am so pumped about this!

Fargo
Lazerbeat wrote:

Same here!  I am so pumped about this!  I was just listening to a song today that uses this technique thinking, "How in the hell?"  Now I am enlightened.  Thank you!

Madison, Alabama
Lazerbeat wrote:

I think a lot of people don't, especially considering LSDJ add the instrument back in even if you just change the note.

It works for anything on the WAV, including hand-drawn PWMs, wubs, whatever.

It works on the pulse and noise channels too.  Say you're running a table on the pulse and you want to change the note without retriggering the table, just delete the instrument.  Note changes, table (or envelope) continues uninterrupted.

Chicago
roboctopus wrote:

It works on the pulse and noise channels too.  Say you're running a table on the pulse and you want to change the note without retriggering the table, just delete the instrument.  Note changes, table (or envelope) continues uninterrupted.

I had no idea it worked with other channels, I thought it was just limited to wave!

Madison, Alabama

The 6th installment is up.  This one covers changing the length of the synth (to a length of 1, specifically) and touches on Wrap distortion.

http://www.noisechannel.org/posts/4966

Turku, FIN

uh oh, what happened to the site?!

roboctopus wrote:

The 6th installment is up.  This one covers changing the length of the synth (to a length of 1, specifically) and touches on Wrap distortion.

http://www.noisechannel.org/posts/4966

Where's the next episode? 4040404040404040404040404040404040404004040404
:'[

KeFF wrote:

uh oh, what happened to the site?!

Looks like someone forgot to pay the bills...

California

Nah, Freque (the admin) is just on a bug-quashing quest right now. It'll be back up in a few days.

Last edited by VCMG (Apr 10, 2012 3:27 pm)

Madison, Alabama
VCMG wrote:

Nah, Freque (the admin) is just on a bug-quashing quest right now. It'll be back up in a few days.

Yeah, no billing issues.  The site had two major bugs Freque is fixing.  I heard from him this morning and he said he should have the site back up tonight.

Good news smile
Can't wait to try some new tricks.

Madison, Alabama

Just to update everyone, Noisechannel.org were switching servers this week, but they are back up and running, so I'll post the next LSDJ and You as soon as possible.  This week's was written by Cheapshot, and it's super cool!  So thanks for being patient and stay tuned.

Site is acting strange. Noisechannel.org gives me a picture of the logo, clicking it gives me the small .jpg a different screen.
Clicking return and forward a few times works

Found the page at
http://184.173.195.227/~freque/posts/4966

OT: great articles, but difficult to wrap my head around.

Last edited by Jotie (Apr 15, 2012 1:34 pm)

Madison, Alabama

Sorry for the delay guys.  Noisechannel.org has been migrating server hosts (...or something like that?)  I wanted to wait for the site to stabilize before putting the next article up.

And now it's up: http://www.noisechannel.org/posts/5138

This one was written by special guest columnist Cheapshot.  Check it out!

Lexington, KY

Saucy.