Texas

Next special guest should be Knife City so he can share all the knowledge he has with us about the .wav channel.

Sydney, NSW

Correction, KOOL SKULL should be the next guest.

LSDJ and You 7: How to effectively kick small children in the ribs with the noise and wave channels.

Madison, Alabama

Hahaha.  Yeah, I would read both of those.

Milwaukee, WI
roboctopus wrote:

Hahaha.  Yeah, I would read both of those.

Madison, Alabama

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay between columns.  I've bee crazy busy!

LSDJ and You Episode 8 is now up.  The topic is on spicing up arps.

http://www.noisechannel.org/posts/6170

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Oh yes.

Time for class. wink

New Orleans, Louisiana

Oh god yes. Dat tasty ArpArpArp!

Milwaukee, WI

My arps always suck... sad  Thanks!

Madison, Alabama

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I was a little concerned this one would be a bit boring or too basic, so I'm glad people got something from it.  smile

I always get something from them. It's cool to see how others set up their stuff. Like your h commands in tables are different to me. I usually put them at c. smile

Philly

Super excited to look over these!  I've been really dissatisfied with my noise channel snares lately, any chance you can discuss this?

Dude, make an instrument like this:

Envelope: 55
Length: 2F
Stable

Table:
TSP 
F4   OL
01   OR
00   OLR
--     H04

Madison, Alabama
Ro-Bear wrote:

Super excited to look over these!  I've been really dissatisfied with my noise channel snares lately, any chance you can discuss this?

Hmmm.  I really just use the same snare or a variation thereof.  But maybe I can scrape enough together to do a snare column.

Actually, maybe I'll talk to some people and see if I can get several people to share their snare patches and philosophy for a super-ultra snare column!

Nottingham, UK
Frostbyte wrote:

Dude, make an instrument like this:

Envelope: 55
Length: 2F
Stable

Table:
TSP 
F4   OL
01   OR
00   OLR
--     H04

When I've used these kinds of snare in the past they've had weird problems with triggering. Like, It will only produce sound on that instrument 40% of the time.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jun 1, 2012 7:31 pm)

I used to have that problem too, but I tweaked it somehow so it was about 95%. It's a good snare though.

Philadelphia

These tips are extremely helpful, especially since I just started using LSDJ about a week and a half ago and have been just teaching myself what everything is. This makes the process a lot less of a headache. Thank you!