Venezuela

"chipmusic/chiptune/micromusic" is really a genre?, my anwser is no. Why?, "chipmusic/chiptune/micromusic" is more a tool/instrument. Same happend with pixel art, it's not actually art is just a tool that kind of result....

Why i think that, well... there are plenty "chipmusic" which is actually more than that. Some people sing, play string instruments, play drums, play piano, etc, etc... over a simple/complex melody composed or created with an old hardware or new but reminding the basic sounds from the simple wave forms such as, square, triangle, sin, saw, noise, etc etc.... but this is more complex as linde saids... and since that.... this is getting more into the stupid/deep of concepts... so i will stop here...

Just call it according to what rhythm you use.

In my personal experience, i do.... pop/hip-hop/dnb/glich/vgm/breakcore with NES/Gameboy sound mostly, or kind of... not sure about that actually...

UK
danimal cannon wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

And I know that those arps and patterns can be very complex and you think they are only possible on a tracker, but I'm pretty sure a full orchestra with a clever conductor could play that just as well.

Yeah those 16th note triplet arpeggios (that span 3 octaves) at 220bpm while modulating duty cycle and hard left right panning are totally do-able.

yeah, you're limited by biology after a certain point. we're low frequency oscillators at best.

Tacoma, WA
disassembler wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

What about FISH AND CHIPS? That old timey classic.

This and only this!

Sounds a lot like Seapunk to me...

Finland
akira^8GB wrote:

Greatest scam in history of fast food, english people stop cooking!

Malaysia
martin_demsky wrote:

and those who use soft plugins or trackers with emulated engines, including one-cycle samples from waveforms are generating fakechip music smile chip means that music is produced by real hardware soundchip imho.

if i make chip music with lsdj on emulator does it count as fakechip music?

Nottingham, UK
DKSTR wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Hey now, britain only has the second worst food in Europe. Finland has the worst. A french guy said it, it MUST be true...

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Mar 30, 2012 12:24 pm)

New York City
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Hey now, britain only has the second worst food in Europe. Finland has the worst. A french guy said it, it MUST be true...

I find that hard to believe, specially since you are not supposed to believe anything a frenchman says tongue

UK has the worst food in the world, I'd extend tongue

You, sir, have opened a can of worms in my day today. Now I can't stop watching related links of this garbage.

Finland
akira^8GB wrote:
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I find that hard to believe, specially since you are not supposed to believe anything a frenchman says tongue

Only thing french people are good at is being late and surrendering!

(oh and the food is superb)

uhajdafdfdfa

if chipmusic is a set of tools or instruments, a DAW is either in this set or not in this set.

if it's in the set, all DAW music is chipmusic.
if it's not in the set, no DAW music is chipmusic.

i agree with neither of those statements, so to me, chipmusic can't be just "a set of instruments or tools". SORRY

New York City

Chipmusic is a monkey wrench.

Liverpool, UK
DKSTR wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Now, I'm happy for people to say the UK has the worst food going, but I will NOT STAND for attacks on Fish and Chips! I challenge you to a duel, sir.

matt's mind

the UK has some of the BEST food going.

it just isn't the local cuisine, its indian.

Finland
calmdownkidder wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

Now, I'm happy for people to say the UK has the worst food going, but I will NOT STAND for attacks on Fish and Chips! I challenge you to a duel, sir.

We shall do this. Maybe this summer or next fall.

Edit:

But seriously, falafels, döners, hamburgers, gyros, shwarma, hell even finnish lihapiirakka just destroys that! Its just chips and fishsticks with extra grease tongue

Last edited by DKSTR (Mar 30, 2012 2:20 pm)

New York City

UK local cuisine means going to Tesco and buying a microwave meal.

Nottingham, UK
akira^8GB wrote:

UK local cuisine means going to Tesco and buying a microwave meal.

Read this just as I was about to go to tescos to buy a microwave meal. sad

Philly, PA, USA

i'm glad this thread isn't serious so i don't have to yell about things

i do want chips though...