clovis CA
Chainsaw Police wrote:
Alley Beach wrote:

DAMN!!! 3.1.3 man =p id  buy it

...why are you still on such an old firmware...?
You DO realise 5.1 is out now, don't you?

yup. im on a 3g thats stuck on 3.1.3 fw. i work at an iphone repair shop, and they sold me that phone for 20$ so for an unlocked jailbroken phone with a $40 pay as you go phone bill with edge, im not complaining wink im not going to take my chances in crashing the phone trying to put it up to 4.2.1either =P

Earth
Alley Beach wrote:

yup. im on a 3g thats stuck on 3.1.3 fw. i work at an iphone repair shop, and they sold me that phone for 20$ so for an unlocked jailbroken phone with a $40 pay as you go phone bill with edge, im not complaining wink im not going to take my chances in crashing the phone trying to put it up to 4.2.1either =P

Yeah that's a good deal. I would try to upgrade, or maybe look around and see if other people with 3g phones like 4.2.1. I know it's trickier if ur unlocked but 4.0 is a bit better. Up to you though, I know how you feel.

Anyway I'll try to keep it light on the iPhone talk. tongue

clovis CA

if you manage 3.0 ill send you a little appreciation your way in internet monies wink

Matthew Joseph Payne
breakphase wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

recognized headphones being unplugged and quit playing

It does actually behave this way on my iphone 4, and on my ipodTouch 2. It may be your hardware or firmware that I'm not catching. I'll look in to it. I'm sure it's fixable.

Also using an iPhone4, fully updated. I'll test it with multiple headphone jack devices in a bit to confirm.

kineticturtle wrote:

Hmm yeah a little loading indicator would be easy to add. When it's audibly playing there should be a little triangle in the status bar next to the battery. So is there ever a time when you hit pause and it just keeps playing, or it just mysteriously stops because it's loading sometimes?

The play triangle indicator is usually the only indication I have that the app is still playing, but then I have to launch it and scroll down until I find the song that's playing if I want to stop it - or start the first song and then pause that, usually resulting in a wait until it loads enough to start playing before pausing.

Do you see play controls if you double-tap the homebutton?

Matthew Joseph Payne

yep

Earth
kineticturtle wrote:

The play triangle indicator is usually the only indication I have that the app is still playing, but then I have to launch it and scroll down until I find the song that's playing if I want to stop it - or start the first song and then pause that, usually resulting in a wait until it loads enough to start playing before pausing.

That's what I intented the NowPlaying button for. So you can quickly see what song is playing and stop it. Hopefully that's working properly? So here's what I'm thinking:

Song is playing audibly: Play triangle in statusbar
Song is buffering: Little spinning circle indicator in statusbar
Not Playing: No indicators

That's how I'll do it in the next version I think. Should I make some way of locating the song in the list quickly? Not sure where to put the control for that...but I will at least automatically scroll to the current song on each track change. That already happens in Shuffle mode.

About the headphone thing, I think I know how to fix it, so the next update will prob set it right.

One thing I will definately have is permanent storage, so you can download specific songs and not have to worry about buffering. I'm also thinking about doing a player that will preload the songs like youtube. I've been busy though so that might have to wait. Idk. Could go either way.

edit:
Oh yeah it will have search too.

Last edited by breakphase (Apr 11, 2012 7:14 pm)

Alley Beach wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

...why are you still on such an old firmware...?
You DO realise 5.1 is out now, don't you?

You don't want anything higher on your 3G anyway tongue

I had version 4 on my phone... I had to wait up to a minute sometimes just to type something...
It seriously slows down your iphone to the point it's frustrating and you end up buying a newer one.

That's how apple works big_smile

Earth
Timbob wrote:
Alley Beach wrote:

You don't want anything higher on your 3G anyway tongue

I had version 4 on my phone... I had to wait up to a minute sometimes just to type something...
It seriously slows down your iphone to the point it's frustrating and you end up buying a newer one.

That's how apple works big_smile

Well there you have it. It's a vicious cycle!

I've always hated how they lock you into firmware versions. That's why you have to make shsh blobs and all that crap.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Sorry I haven't been able to test this any more. Baby. smile

breakphase wrote:

Song is playing audibly: Play triangle in statusbar
Song is buffering: Little spinning circle indicator in statusbar
Not Playing: No indicators

That would be amazing! Looking forward to it!

Joliette, QC, Canada

Is there a way to search music by songname or by artist ? That would be rad !

Texas

This may have already been suggested, but I think it might be interesting to be able to sync to nanoloop for iPhone and allow mobile uploads. I personally think that would be pretty cool. big_smile

Earth
XyNo wrote:

Is there a way to search music by songname or by artist ? That would be rad !

Well sort of. You will be able to  search through the songs listed in the Feed section (next version). And I'll prob add a setting where you can decide how many songs you want to keep there at a time (right now it's just set to 400). As for finding an artists tracks I'm working adding the ability to retrive a listing of an artists tracks by tapping on their name in the Now Playing screen. I don't know about actually searching the server though.

HolyNegative0 wrote:

This may have already been suggested, but I think it might be interesting to be able to sync to nanoloop for iPhone and allow mobile uploads. I personally think that would be pretty cool. big_smile

That would be pretty sweet. I always though that would be kind of cool to just upload songs straight off the phone. Weirdly it may actually be possible to do something like that, because nanoloop lets you export your song to the clip board.

Texas
breakphase wrote:
HolyNegative0 wrote:

That would be pretty sweet. I always though that would be kind of cool to just upload songs straight off the phone. Weirdly it may actually be possible to do something like that, because nanoloop lets you export your song to the clip board.

Yeah, problem is it exports as a .wav, not an .mp3 or other cm.org compatible format. So either Oliver would have to make nanoloop able to export as an .mp3 or cm.org would have to make either .wav or .nan uploading compatible. :\ Unless anybody knows of an app that can convert .wav into .mp3 on the phone. *shrug* I don't know, I'm just rambling at this point.

babylon

just wanted to say i use this and appreciate it. commenting from the app would seem cool for a future update ( not that i know what that entails or if its possible)

Fargo

Any chance of making something like this for Android in the future?  I love this idea, but don't have an iPhone sad