CM Feed 1.0.3

New stuff
----------------
Faster feed refresh
Search bar
Listen to playlists offline
Bug fixes and optimizations

link

Last edited by breakphase (Jul 27, 2012 5:27 am)

California

This looks pretty cool! I tried it out for about 10 minutes on my iPhone 4, works great!

Matthew Joseph Payne

I'm diggin' this! Can't wait to try it out on my way to work. smile

Texas

Loving this. big_smile

Savannah, Georgia

woop woop! good work!

BOSTON

well done man!

honestly... I think it's has the possibility to make the CM music section relevant

Very well indeed. works like a charm smile

I'm guessing a search function would be one of the fixes you are working on? wink
keep up the good work!

Earth
Timbob wrote:

Very well indeed. works like a charm smile

I'm guessing a search function would be one of the fixes you are working on? wink
keep up the good work!

Haha yeah it is. Thanks glad you like it.

One annoying caveat. I uploaded a wrong version of the app....so when the app restarts you'll lose your favorites, playlists..
yikes I've uploaded a fixed version as an update. So expect that in the coming  days, once apple approves it.

Br1te Pr1mate wrote:

honestly... I think it's has the possibility to make the CM music section relevant

That would be fantastic. I don't think it would be bad for the site to have a more energized music section. I like utilizing the feed aspect of it. And it's cool way to get a good grab bag of the different music around here.

orange county, CA

Yesssssss. I love this.

clovis CA

DAMN!!! 3.1.3 man =p id  buy it

Earth

New version is available. It fixes the aforementioned problem.

Alley Beach wrote:

Yeah it's still 4.0 and up. I'll see if I can make it available for 3.0, but it might take a bit.

Last edited by breakphase (Apr 5, 2012 11:11 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

This is great!

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request... but it would be great if the app recognized headphones being unplugged and quit playing, as iPod and Bandcamper do.

In fact, I've experienced weird behavior with the music continuing to play after I thought I had stopped it. It's a little difficult to tell when it's not playing because a file is loading, as opposed to not playing because it's been stopped. A progress bar that indicates loading would be helpful, as well as a "now playing" panel of some kind.

This app is making me actually listen to music posted on cm.org! Thank you!

matt's mind

i've thoroughly enjoyed this, thanks!

i would love to be able to share my Favorites list, or created playlists, with fellow app users.  this would be a great feature to add.

Texas

Man, you've got your work cut out for you with all these requests.

Now, let's see, I know I put that list around here somewhere...

Sydney, NSW
Alley Beach wrote:

...why are you still on such an old firmware...?
You DO realise 5.1 is out now, don't you?

Earth
kineticturtle wrote:

This is great!

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request... but it would be great if the app recognized headphones being unplugged and quit playing, as iPod and Bandcamper do.

It does actually behave this way on my iphone 4, and on my ipodTouch 2. It may be your hardware or firmware that I'm not catching. I'll look in to it. I'm sure it's fixable.

kineticturtle wrote:

In fact, I've experienced weird behavior with the music continuing to play after I thought I had stopped it. It's a little difficult to tell when it's not playing because a file is loading, as opposed to not playing because it's been stopped. A progress bar that indicates loading would be helpful, as well as a "now playing" panel of some kind.

Hmm yeah a little loading indicator would be easy to add. When it's audibly playing there should be a little triangle in the status bar next to the battery. So is there ever a time when you hit pause and it just keeps playing, or it just mysteriously stops because it's loading sometimes?

kitchbent wrote:

i've thoroughly enjoyed this, thanks!

i would love to be able to share my Favorites list, or created playlists, with fellow app users.  this would be a great feature to add.

That's an interesting idea, I'm not sure what the best route would be to share. I was thinking about like being able to email playlists to people as an .m3u file, and maybe the app itself could open it. The Favorites list is tricky, I'm not sure like how to send it, or where to put it within the app. I'll Have to stew on that. I like the idea of sharing, just not sure about the implementation.

HolyNegative0 wrote:

Man, you've got your work cut out for you with all these requests.

Now, let's see, I know I put that list around here somewhere...

Heh yeah. wink It's okay I don't mind building on it for a while.

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by breakphase (Apr 7, 2012 1:18 am)