New Orleans, Louisiana

http://soundcloud.com/shanebro/shanebro … nough-time

This is my 2nd track in famitracker that seemed tolerable. I know I need to refine the drums a bit in the outro, but other then that I'm looking for some feedback whether it be good or bad. Lay it on me!

The chords have some clashing notes in them...sometimes that's okay, but it doesn't make much sense in the context. You could also work on building more of a direction with your melodies.

As far as sound goes, it's better than any of my Fami stuff ever was xD

New Orleans, Louisiana
Frostbyte wrote:

The chords have some clashing notes in them...sometimes that's okay, but it doesn't make much sense in the context. You could also work on building more of a direction with your melodies.

As far as sound goes, it's better than any of my Fami stuff ever was xD

Thanks for the quick response Frostbyte! Yeah I know I gotta work on the melodies some more... It's one of the things I've been struggling with as of late.

No problem man! What you should try to do is to establish a clear bassline, and use those notes as the roots of the chords. Do you know any music theory? It might be beneficial to read up on the basics of chords and whatnot.

To start off with some simple melody making, you could try the pentatonic scale, which in the key of C is: C, D, E, G, A smile

New Orleans, Louisiana

Yeah I was going to start reading up on more music theory stuff, but haven't gotten to it. I mean I sort of have a bit of a grasp of basic music theory, but it's not much.. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. Kinda need all the help I can get, haha.... I love your music btw!

Thanks! Most of the stuff I have out is embarrassing to say the least, I have lots of cool stuff in store for soon wink But this is your thread, email me if you want to talk about it more! [email protected]