Madison, Alabama

I live in North Alabama and have never been to a live chip show.  But I'm going to be playing a show this summer, and I was wondering about merch.  Do you cats that play out sell merch?  I'm curious about what people might buy versus what's cost-effective.  Stickers, buttons, and patches are pretty cheap (I used to go to punk shows back in the day and that's the kind of thing I always bought.)

What do you guys sell/like to buy?

nitro2k01: Made the title more clear.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Apr 15, 2012 8:32 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

I sell t-shirts and give stickers for free.

matt's mind

I will be at aforementioned show this summer wink

i'd personally be up for a shirt...

Matthew Joseph Payne

Stickers, buttoms ad patches are cheap mainstays. T-shirts are probably cheaper than you think, if you can get or make a good design.

Special edition physical album packaging is usually great too - creatively packaged CDs or flash drives with bonus material, etc - hand made stuff

Whatever you plan on making, START NOW because whether you hand make or order, it takes real time to p produce things. You've always got to think ahead.

Also, come up with a clever way to draw people's attention to your merch on a dark table in the corner of the venue. We use an NES running logoNES as a price list - people really notice it from a distance and it draws them in!

shanghai

give away/sell diy cd s and tapes. stickers are good too. or just sell something fashionable........something like adopting an african baby maybe

IL, US

i sell handmade cds (sometimes dvds), give away stickers and either sell buttons very cheap or give them away, depending on my mood

Tulsa, OK
kineticturtle wrote:

Also, come up with a clever way to draw people's attention to your merch on a dark table in the corner of the venue. We use an NES running logoNES as a price list - people really notice it from a distance and it draws them in!

That is a really cool idea smile anytime someone approached me for a complement, I always give them unreleased tracks! It pretty much seals their fan status wink

Stickers and a good shirt is all you'll need smile shirts are cheap as long as you only use a couple print colors smile I have never made a shirt for my own musical promotion - only for mission trips and school functions smile

Madison, Alabama

Thanks for the responses guys.  I like the idea of having stickers to give away for free.  Might do some free stickers and some nicer not-free stickers.  I figured shirts would be expensive but I'll look into prices.

The flash drive idea is pretty cool.  I'll have to consider that.

And kineticturtle, thanks for the heads-up about drawing attention to the merch table.  That's a good tip.

California

You should just lay out the merch on your chipmusic-ing table and like, sell stuff while you're performing.

detroit
VCMG wrote:

You should just lay out the merch on your chipmusic-ing table and like, sell stuff while you're performing.

this works.

Brisbane

As a fan - I always look for a cool t shirt design.  I'd be up for ordering a Roboctopus shirt.

I've seen 10k and Monodeer's t shirts on here.  Anyone up for starting a thread plugging anyones t shirts they might have?

I'd like to know how to get a calm down kidder T sent down here to Australia.

St. Louis

I thought Cds were a dying medium, but if they look good and are resonably priced, people will buy the shit out of them. We sold out 50 extremely fast. I guess the same goes for shirts.

Liverpool, UK
Matt M wrote:

I'd like to know how to get a calm down kidder T sent down here to Australia.

How you doin'?

What T-shirt in particular are you talking about? I have a few! tongue

AANABAY01

NO

Nottingham, UK

"Roboctopus taught me how to use the WAV channel, and all I got was this stupid T-shirt."

I'd buy it. smile

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 15, 2012 5:47 pm)

New Orleans, Louisiana

Roboctopus shirts!? Hell yeah!