))<>((

We've got an Alesis RA-100 Amp in our studios, but only one channel is working right now. Without opening it, and taking a look at it, is there any way to tell what the problem with it is? (Excuse my noobishness, I know next to nothing about anything electrical. tongue)

Thanks. smile

Abandoned on Fire

Here's a link to the manual in case you don't have it:

http://www.kylemorecollege.ie/mtc/sir/h … Manual.pdf

I was going to suggest that you had a blown fuse but it looks like this amp only uses one (a bi-amped setup would have one for each channel, right?).

East Kilbride, Scotland
tacticalbread wrote:

We've got an Alesis RA-100 Amp in our studios, but only one channel is working right now. Without opening it, and taking a look at it, is there any way to tell what the problem with it is? (Excuse my noobishness, I know next to nothing about anything electrical. tongue)

Thanks. smile

Messing around with an amp with next to no knowledge about anything electrical is a good way to get hurt. If you want it fixed, take it to a tech in a music shop.

))<>((
egr wrote:

Here's a link to the manual in case you don't have it:

http://www.kylemorecollege.ie/mtc/sir/h … Manual.pdf

I was going to suggest that you had a blown fuse but it looks like this amp only uses one (a bi-amped setup would have one for each channel, right?).

Thanks for that.

And yeah, I figured it was a blown fuse. As for that, I have no idea lol.

Sycamore Drive wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:

Thanks. smile

Messing around with an amp with next to no knowledge about anything electrical is a good way to get hurt. If you want it fixed, take it to a tech in a music shop.

I don't, but I know people who do. It's not worth the price of the amp to have it fixed, I was simply asking if there was any way to tell if it'd be an easy fix.

East Kilbride, Scotland

If you know people, why are you asking here rather than asking them? Surely they'd be much more likely to figure out how to fix it from being able to look inside it rather than asking people on a forum.

Just saying.

))<>((

Because I figured I'd ask somewhere people know about amplifiers not just electrical stuff.

And you're giving me the sort of response I'd expect at 8bc.

Just saying.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

this is a common issue for alesis amps. there is probably a power resistor that is fried inside.