Hi people.

I've made a DMG with a SGB CPU in it. This makes the boot completely quiet and VERY fast.
I've made a comparison with a regular DMG. Both DMG's are connected to the same power socket, and are turned on simultaneously.
I'm running 8CYLINDER live drum software POUNDER 2.0 on both DMG's. Also I do this PROPERLY with heated air. Not some clumsy soldering iron. This is a top quality solder job. Se pic's if you want: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62235217@N … otostream/

Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8opq1UvEg

If you are interested I'll make one for you for 75 euro.

I'm from Denmark. So steep shipping prices for US people is expected.

EDIT: I need some cash. 60 Euro will get you a modded DMG CPU board, with SGB CPU. !

Last edited by Glitch Militia (May 10, 2012 12:47 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Would you sell just the CPU board? This would cut way down on shipping costs. I would consider buying more than one if you would.

Unsubscribe

US group buy? big_smile

Sure no problem. Currently I have 3 SGB's, but only 2 DMG's. BTW was it you that bought some stuff from me not so long ago?

Glitch Militia wrote:

Also I do this PROPERLY with heated air. Not some clumsy soldering iron.

You're talking about removal of the CPU in this case, right?

Apeshit wrote:
Glitch Militia wrote:

Also I do this PROPERLY with heated air. Not some clumsy soldering iron.

You're talking about removal of the CPU in this case, right?

Yes and also soldering in the new CPU.

Chicago IL

is the SGB sound as good as the DMG?

The two CPU's are identical, it's only the firmware that's altered.

What I mean is that the firmware is different on the two CPU's..

Anybody interested?

Fargo

Maybe at some point.  This is a cool idea!  I just can't afford it right now.

Bratislava, Slovakia

This is one GREAT idea! And how is sounds? AFAIK DMG's sound chip is incorporated into that Sharp-modified Z80 CPU.

Edit: sorry i missed last posts, so it is CPU at same rate, not faster variant like have Color GB?

Last edited by martin_demsky (Apr 19, 2012 2:51 pm)

martin_demsky wrote:

This is one GREAT idea! And how is sounds? AFAIK DMG's sound chip is incorporated into that Sharp-modified Z80 CPU.

Edit: sorry i missed last posts, so it is CPU at same rate, not faster variant like have Color GB?

No it is excactly the same. It is only the firmware (software) that is different. It is not possible to re-program it, thus we psyically change the CPU. I hope that elaborates enough.

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Apr 19, 2012 7:14 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada

makes me think of NeX ! smile
http://nex.gg8.se/modblog/2010/05/super … -gameboys/

shanghai

my gameboy doesn't exactly take long to load up as it is though........its quicker than my xbox thats fo sure !

Downstate wrote:

my gameboy doesn't exactly take long to load up as it is though........its quicker than my xbox thats fo sure !

Other than the almost instant power on, there is no nintendo sound. This mod is mostly for people using their gameboy at live shows.

shanghai

fair enough. the ping could get annoying haha