Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I'm looking for four visual artists to contribute video for my latest album, Prime. Prime consists of four songs, parts I through IV, built around the concept of prime number time signatures (3/4, 5/4, 7/4 and 11/4 respectively). The songs flow into one another as a single concept but I would like to find 4 visual artists to each work their magic with a part of this song set. I think the end result and mixing of styles will yield a very interesting result! Unfortunately, I cannot offer any paid compensation for this collaboration but I will offer credit and a link wherever this video is posted, as well as ship out a thank you pack with CD/stickers/art to each contributor.

A good example of this concept is the album artwork created by Party Time! Hexcellent!. If you look closely at the houndstooth pattern you'll see that each orange shape represents a prime number in the sequence. These are the kinds of things I'm hoping to incorporate in the video.

My intentions with the video are free distribution alongside the album on bandcamp, hosting on YouTube and possibly Vimeo. I will NOT be selling this video. You will be free to host your own portion of the video wherever you like so long as you are not selling it. I will gather each finished portion and create the final four-part video once all parts are completed.

In the spirit of collaboration I would also be interested in getting together via chat or Google Hangout etc. at some point during the process to compare notes between artists and check on progress.

Here is a breakdown of the four tracks;

Prime Part I - (2'48) - Listen
Prime Part II - (2'33) - Listen
Prime Part III - (3'16) - Listen
Prime Part IV - (3'51) - Listen

To be fair, I would like track selection to be on a first come, first serve basis. Once we are ready to start I will work with collaborators, supplying tempo information, discussing concepts, and tempo maps of the songs if necessary. I would like to work towards a deadline of *EDIT* September 1st. *EDIT*

Please reply here or email me at info [at] microdmusic [dot] com with any questions! smile

-----

UPDATE:

All four contributors have been selected and the project is underway! A revised working deadline of September 1st is in place. smile

Last edited by MicroD (Jun 28, 2012 6:09 pm)

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Confirmed contributors and their selections:

Jaymez - Prime Part I
Party Time! Hexcellent! - Prime Part II
Nick Maynard - Prime Part III
mrghosty - Prime Part IV

Last edited by MicroD (Jun 28, 2012 6:04 pm)

rochester, ny

Yeah, I'll do one! Whichever track is picked last.

Edit - actually, I want #4!

Last edited by nickmaynard (Apr 19, 2012 3:15 am)

Chicago IL

wait isn't part one in 9/4?

IL, US

9 isnt a prime, silly, its a square

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
nickmaynard wrote:

Yeah, I'll do one! Whichever track is picked last.

Edit - actually, I want #4!

Awesome, I'll put you down for Part IV!

Saskrotch wrote:

wait isn't part one in 9/4?

I suppose it depends on where your ear places the emphasis? I treat the underlying groove as a kind of waltz and each measure as 3 beats. smile

Also, thanks for inadvertently reminding me to go back and buy your latest release.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Bumped for interest. One part left unclaimed! Tell your most talented of friends!

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

All parts are now claimed and the original posts have been updated to reflect this.

Stay tuned!