Czech Republic

gotoholly80
but no files there ...

goto80 wrote:

skweee64 and kweeca are both here: http://code.google.com/u/118249653529853170526

Last edited by ryba (Apr 23, 2012 10:54 am)

Unsubscribe

No binaries no peace.

Czech Republic

I'm sorry. I didn't realise that there is a C64 section ... oops
I can't read all of the posts here...
I really can not.

iLKke wrote:

Why is this not in Commodore section, btw?

goto80:
what are you using for your composions BTW?

4mat wrote:

c64 scene tools and lsdj cater to two very different markets though.  c64 trackers are usually written by demosceners for demosceners, hence there's really no need for a lot of live interaction when the music is only ever going to be played in sequence.   you either work around that limitation or write a new one I'm afraid.

You're absolutelly right. That's why I am posting here. I am not a coder...

Russia, Moscow

I somehow think there is way more C64 coders on the CSDb rather than here.

Last edited by Shiru (Apr 24, 2012 5:52 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Moved to correct sub-forum.

Czech Republic

thanx

celsius wrote:

Moved to correct sub-forum.

ok. I was just asking.
There is way more LSDJ users here.

Shiru wrote:

I somehow think there is way more C64 coders on the CSDb rather than here.

San Francisco

trackers in general have a serious lack of live options. i would love to see more like lsdj or nanoloop.

actually if you want pure (not sequenced) liveplay then retroskoi is worth a look.  I might as well post this here as it's not that well known.

Last edited by 4mat (Apr 24, 2012 8:19 pm)

Czech Republic

Sure
I know it
I know lot of aleksi work (he's not working on anything already? what a shame), but I don't like to sequence all tracks in one sequence...
But retroskoi is not what I'm looking for ...
It's just a synth
I like to play live sequences just like in LSDJ
muting/soloing channels
selecting upcoming sequences
keyjazzing to other running sequences (is there any program doing this?)
tables
lots of tables
all in one included
hmm.

4mat wrote:

actually if you want pure (not sequenced) liveplay then retroskoi is worth a look.  I might as well post this here as it's not that well known.

New York City
ryba wrote:

I like to play live sequences just like in LSDJ
muting/soloing channels
selecting upcoming sequences
keyjazzing to other running sequences (is there any program doing this?)
tables
lots of tables
all in one included
hmm.

You can sort of do this with existing trackers. Sure, they are not made for this, but you can figure it out if you sit down to it for a while.

CHIPTUNE

I used to use JCH to perform live. It sucks, but it's possible. You can hear it in a release I made called Bortabra. But now I use Defmon. You can use it to make everything from scratch live if you want to. Here's a video of me and my 3 clones doing just that: http://blip.tv/raquel-meyers/2sleep1-005-exedub-5546878 (warning: not edited)

IL, US

slightly more hassle, but you could go with piggy tracker, piggy->midi (or the win port or renoise) & mssiah/hardsid/sammichsid options for a more lsdj-like tracker to control a c64

New York City

You cannot unearth the full power of a SID chip (or basically any other sound chip) with a software like MSSIAH. MIDI is not good enough to fully control a chip the way a tracker does. Not even hardsid or a midibox would work. You need to send a lot of updates to the chip faster than the bandwidth of MIDI can handle.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 25, 2012 8:32 am)

Czech Republic

I have never seen a defmon.
any link?
thanx
great music BTW
reminds my own live project (no chipmusic) (http://soundcloud.com/rybachyba)

goto80 wrote:

I used to use JCH to perform live. It sucks, but it's possible. You can hear it in a release I made called Bortabra. But now I use Defmon. You can use it to make everything from scratch live if you want to. Here's a video of me and my 3 clones doing just that: http://blip.tv/raquel-meyers/2sleep1-005-exedub-5546878 (warning: not edited)

Last edited by ryba (Apr 25, 2012 2:46 pm)

New York City
ryba wrote:

I have never seen a defmon.
any link?

No, because defMon is only for Goto80.

Chicago IL

this dude types like a beat poet